Thread: zd30 crd hard starting issue

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

zd30 crd hard starting issue

Hi people I have an 08 crd wagon with 205k on the clock. Has been hard to start for a while hot or cold, sometimes it starts then stalls then starts again to me it feels like it's starving for fuel on start up, yet sometimes it starts perfectly. When running it's fine, no limp mode lack of power smoke etc. I have changed fuel filter, fuel pressure relief valve, suction control valve. Also tried cracking injectors to look for air in the lines but all is good. My thoughts are now the primer bulb which I'll change tomorrow but failing that any suggestions? Cam position sensor code is still up even after changing it but i doubt that's related however any feedback is welcome as getting frustrated trying to solve this!! Have also put new battery in the car. Multiple mechanics have looked at it and can't work it out, rail pressure, timing, and injector flow rates all check out perfectly.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Anyone checked the Glow Plugs/Timer ?

Your a brave man cracking the injectors on a CRD by the way...
    Last edited by the evil twin; 15th August 2019 at 11:55 AM.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    others have posted about similar problems and found their problem was air leak in the fuel line connections . they were able to prove/disprove there was air coming thru by fitting a clear tube between the filter and IP pump where they could see the air collect . maybe try that . if you do it might be good to ensure there is bit of a loop up towards the bonnet where the air if any could collect and be easier to see . hope this helps. if you do find air you could move the clear tube to between the primer bulb and filter and then before the primer bulb to help isolate the problem. also if it is not to hard to do maybe fi a larger diameter clear tube , this would slow the speed of the fuel down and help make the air more noticable if there is any.
    Last edited by nipagu7; 17th August 2019 at 10:57 AM.