Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About to lose my stuff !!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About to lose my stuff !!

I am a mechanic and things don't usaully get away from me but this power steering is doing my head in, I took the reservour of my Gu power steering to get the cracks welded up and the engineer took his time and the was pump was off for two weeks well now no matter what I do the dammed thing will not bleed up it keeps making a good awful sound every time you turn it,.I have bleed it from the steering box multiple times and driving it but it no sigar

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I normally just bleed it with the wheels off the ground and just cycle the steering. Works every time
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ben-e-boy For This Useful Post:

mudski (10th August 2019)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,675 Posts
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have just been thru a similar deal with a new PS reservoir and empty hoses to the pump. I filled the reservoir to the max level then simply ran the engine. The air escaping was making a racket but once it was displaced, happy days. Took about 4-5 minutes to make its way down the hose to the steering box I reckon.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I know all the tricks but thing would not play the game but I will a monkeys uncle I left it sitting there while I took a break to research to seeing if there was something special about a Gu pp and I want back for another crack and the problem fixed it's self never have I had a problem and it fixes it's self

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by First Pooy View Post
    Yeah I know all the tricks but thing would not play the game but I will a monkeys uncle I left it sitting there while I took a break to research to seeing if there was something special about a Gu pp and I want back for another crack and the problem fixed it's self never have I had a problem and it fixes it's self
    You don't think it was air or airlock?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    You don't think it was air or airlock?
    Yes I did but after over a liter of power steering fluid and all the heavy bleeds I did I didn't think there could be air in there still

9. The Following User Says Thank You to First Pooy For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (10th August 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 515 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    f@#kn air !!! i had a similar problem where i had air getting into the fuel - diagnosed with a piece of clear hose from the filter to the injector pump , anyway i solved the problem & stopped the air bubbles in the fuel , bled the system , cracked the return line off the pump to the tank & ran the lift pump for 5mins , but still had the eng light / limp mode ( code 707 injector pump) , anyway i drove it around in limp mode for 10mins , turned it off & started it up again and WALAA !!! fixed itself , must’ve had an air bubble in the pump somewhere that sorted itself out . moral of the story is walk away angry & have a stubby & it’ll sort itself out haha

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sprock For This Useful Post:

Avo (10th August 2019), First Pooy (10th August 2019), PeeBee (10th August 2019), Winnie (10th August 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I gave up and ordered a new pp I had the old one off about five times, cost me $130 to get the reservoir welded up and put the old seal back in with presser resistant sealant and it is still pouring out, I watched the return fluid in the reservoir and dam for low pressure return it was hammering in at just idle so my theory is the reason why I have fluid pouring out because my reservoir is over pressured,I hat the fact it beat me but I am over spending more time trying to repair it then driving and enjoying it,I have missed the last two outings now because of this pump and it enouys me that the pump is'nt that old that is why I spent the money on the dammed reservoir,I wish I had hind sight on this one because I could of had a new pump for the same cost so now I will exchange it and lose the $130 I spent grrrrr

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a crappy ride you have ridden there, sorry to hear it, hope this new part fixes the issue once and for all.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    That's a crappy ride you have ridden there, sorry to hear it, hope this new part fixes the issue once and for all.
    Yes hoping so I have had an issue with a leak and fluid being forced out of the lid since I got the car and as I drive it more often the problem became more apparent, then I put my new ip in and as I was tentioning the belt I slipped and hit the reservoir well that was it after that it was running out and no matter what I did it didn't work

15. The Following User Says Thank You to First Pooy For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (10th August 2019)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast