Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Td42 getting hot

Hey guys,

So recently my patrol td42 has started getting hot while city driving.i took it for a 2 hour drive on the freeway and up hills so the u
    Normal patrol stuff happens. Than after whth I got back in the city it's bee sitting around 1/2 temps or higher. Almost like there is no coolant going through. Had it service a 2 days before and the alternates change, and he did mention that the radiator water is rather dirty. Not sure why this is happening if someone can help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've probably got no fins left on the pump by the sound of that.

Also, if you post an introduction and use some please and thankyou's you'll probably get some more help.
    2003 GU TD42 with a few extra ponies

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,298 Times in 6,438 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Williams View Post
    Hey guys,

So recently my patrol td42 has started getting hot while city driving.i took it for a 2 hour drive on the freeway and up hills so the u
    Normal patrol stuff happens. Than after whth I got back in the city it's bee sitting around 1/2 temps or higher. Almost like there is no coolant going through. Had it service a 2 days before and the alternates change, and he did mention that the radiator water is rather dirty. Not sure why this is happening if someone can help
    Uhmmm. Your not sure why? Coolant has a service life. Then it will eventually turn to rusty water, which by the sounds of it you have. So its way pasts its life. Then you will start to corrode internal component to absolute failure. If I was you, I would be replacing the radiator, water pump, hoses, thermostat and possibly even the lower stat housing which is probably fubar too. And while your at it, the viscous hub and possible the engine fan, if it has any cracks.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get a hi flow fan and viscous hub kit from qikazz . Com