Thread: how to get cable from engine to cabin

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how to get cable from engine to cabin

I want to put a 2nd battery in the cabin to charge from the alternator and isolate manually with a 1-2-off isolator, to keep it simple. I only want to power an electric cool box (fridge to come later) and 1 LED light. What's the best way of getting the power through from the engine bay to the cabin.
    I have a 2003 Patrol GR 3.0l auto.
    Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just use the main wiring loom that in the engine bay on the driverside , once in use the bottom door frame covers driverside that has wiring channel already and remember battery for cabin use a AMG or better, not a normal car battery. regards Alex
    Last edited by altech; 30th July 2019 at 07:10 AM.
    97 GU Ti 4.5 on lpg , uhf icom Pro400, Garmin GPS Maps, HD-Lukas Dash Cam with gps tracking. Snorkel , I-Max 12000lb Winch , Twin rear light bracket on wheel carrier for light & uhf antenna,Draws unit, Electric Cargo barrier, HID headlights kit, LED Light Bar, 2 inch lift with HD King springs and Monroe Gas Magnum TDT 4WD Shock Absorbers, BS Dueler 697 Lt 285/75R-16 .

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ran my 4awg cable through the passenger side firewall using an existing grommet (mine is a 2004 GU III TD42TI).
    Have a look under the bonnet on the firewall for some exisiting black rubber grommets, either on the passenger side or driver's side, there should be locations you could use on either side.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, my intention is to use a deep cell maintenance free of around 100ah. I'll have a look for the grommets.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There is a large grommet on the opposite side of the car to the steering wheel ( regardless of left or right) it is the grommet used for the steering column on the other side of the world. It is perfect. Find where the steering column would be if it was in the passenger side of your car. You are in business.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.