Thread: ipad charger

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ipad charger

using the ipad air2 for navigation and engine parameters but the cig socket chargers will not keep it charged (2.4a). If I turn down the brightness of the display it gets to the point where you cannot see it during daylight hours. What are others using?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Buy a new charger. The 2.4amp should do it. Maybe if it's a cheap one it is not getting 2.4amps out.

Samsung do a higher output one worth chasing.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been having this issue too!

My phone gets too hot on the cradle with the navigation on and charging, it's either too slow or overheating.

Friend of mine is using a VMS unit - seems pretty happy with it.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not much help but have a Samsung galaxy tablet which keeps up fine. Is the charger a cigarette lighter socket or usb, found some of the usb ones with adapters can be pretty slow.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    are you using a factory apple cord? cheaper ebay like cords are in some cases not up to par with the demand. i think you might find for a tablet, on full screen brightness with wifi and bluetooth turned on, you would be more needing a 3.2 amp charger? also another option could be: not sure if apple are compatible with the 9V fast chargers but i know 5v/9v high amp fast chargers for cars are available, thought might suit your needs also.
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just had a look at both of mine. Even thought it is stamped 2.4 amp, the fine print says nominal charge 1.0 amp ?????? WTF does that mean .. it's a single usb charger .. there's the problem

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to timbo2410 For This Useful Post:

AB (20th July 2019), MudRunnerTD (19th July 2019), rusty_nail (19th July 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No doubt the least techy qualified someone here, but here’s my nuffy findings.
    iPad old old biggin on the bush ute dash with memory mud rooftop maps kindly setup by the NP.com.au top blokes only seems to charge off an original iSteal Apple cord.
    iPhone for work too spits the dummy with service station emergency bought cords also after only a short while. Needed to bluetooth earpiece work call blokes whilst bouncing away in old noisey twucks and found this wanky ripper only likes OEM charge leads too!

McApple I reckon has worked out how to let aftermarket gear last a few weeks then give us a pop up “device may not be supported” message thingymebob:-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (19th July 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    the old "this device may not be supported" line eh!!!!. Bloody Hate that!! Like What the Actual Faaarrkk mate!! It bloody worked this morning damn you!!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

MB (19th July 2019), Rossco (20th July 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wee’s got this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (20th July 2019), MudRunnerTD (20th July 2019), Rossco (20th July 2019), rusty_nail (20th July 2019)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mines the usb type that plugs into a cig lighter socket on the patrol. It charges fine if your not using your display. Actually the samsung S8 charges to 100% even if your using navigation. But the ipad just doesnt get enough juice to charge AND use the display. I think the "NOMINAL OUTPUT 1 AMP" .. is the issue. I've got a 2.4 amp output ordered now so will see how that goes.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to timbo2410 For This Useful Post:

MB (20th July 2019)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast