Threaded View

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New project.

Hi Forum, been a while.....
    I had a convo with my partner recently as she is rapidly being introduced to the world of patrols...the crux of it was not everyone wants a patrol but a select few want all the patrols...which leads me to my new project.

After recently sinking my daily drive GU in a bog hole and having it stuck for far to long and all the repercussion that go along with carpets soaked in stagnant water the KM2 were removed and I decided that I need a toy vehicle...I have an old diesel Hilux on the property which needs a new cab, I sourced another cab and began turning spanners when a friend also a forum member shamed me ( and rightly so) for wasting my time and making myself a laughing stock by believing that I could make a puslux a capable off road truck.....

Which brings me to my post, but the important thing to remember is I had an onion on my belt.....

I acquired a NA TD42 wagon with a strong motor and drive line...body is pretty gone with rust in the roof....I briefly considered doing a rough repair and getting some club plates for it...when out of sheer luck and a few minutes trawling the web I found a GQ leafy ute factory TD42 no motor or box...so my new project has begun I have taken inspiration from Mudrunner and will do a full build on the ute minus the high standard and quality components that MR achieved and used.

Here are a few pics, I will hopefully add to it in the future and possibly even see some of you on the tracks...

IMG_2635.JPGIMG_2636.JPGIMG_2637.JPGIMG_2638.JPG
    Last edited by Family4x4; 15th July 2019 at 11:05 PM.
    In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Family4x4 For This Useful Post:

AB (16th July 2019), MB (15th July 2019), MudRunnerTD (15th July 2019), mudski (16th July 2019), rusty_nail (16th July 2019)