Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FMIC Install and Suitable Bull Bar_08 GU IV CRD

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers mate.

Everything seems to work just fine without it. Had it done during summer and no dramas with the aircon. I thought there was an issue but just had the revs set a bit low at idle and with the aircon on. Upped it all to where it should be and it came good.

Plenty of room there without it. The standard alloy bar allows pretty good airflow through it too. A standard bar would pretty much cover the whole ic where I have it mounted I reckon.
    2003 GU TD42 with a few extra ponies

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 565 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 0-TJ-0 View Post
    Cheers mate.

Everything seems to work just fine without it. Had it done during summer and no dramas with the aircon. I thought there was an issue but just had the revs set a bit low at idle and with the aircon on. Upped it all to where it should be and it came good.

Plenty of room there without it. The standard alloy bar allows pretty good airflow through it too. A standard bar would pretty much cover the whole ic where I have it mounted I reckon.
    So you removed the thermo fan and all was good?

Might disconnect mine and see how she goes before do install.
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah haven't had an issue. I reckon @MudRunnerTD did his as well and I'm pretty sure he's in a GUIV.. although different motor to you also.

I have run it through at least half of summer including up to Coober in 42 deg heat and quite a bit of driving around town/city. Aside from my idle problem no real issues.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 0-TJ-0 For This Useful Post:

Bidja (14th July 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,451 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Here are the IC pics from my GUIV..

Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    So i have not been back here but damn have i been busy.

Had a couple of huge weekends including hosting Matty and Rossco for 12 hours or more to fit this UFI 12mm pump.

I took Rosscos advice and bit the bullet and decided to do the front mount cooler the same weekend cause, well, it won't take long right!!!!! Damn!!!

Photo bomb

Off with the front bar

This was in the way as was the AC fan and PS Cooler

Made a mount for the IC. Pretty pleased

Removed the intake pipe as it needed to be rotated anyway to point the other way.

I blocked the EGR about 8 years ago. Check this out!! I took the opportunity to fully remove it (cause you know, i had time!!)

Fan off. Radiator out. PS pump removed. Front cover to be removed.

Fuel rail off as i changed injectors too.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

So a few weekends ago i fitted the 4" snorkel and airbox. I cant remember if i posted it here? If i didnt i will add some pics.

So intake side to turbo i stayed with 4" as far as i could. Its tight but im bloody stoked!!!

Intake side i have fitted a 3" intercooler so have gone 76mm from turbo all the way to the intake. Damn it got busy!!!

And how good does this look!!!!

Late. I mean LATE Sunday night after something like 20 hours or more on the car for the weekend i lifted the bar back 9n to fit and Farrrk Meeee Drunk!! She aint gunna go back on!!!! No Farrkkking Way!!! Cooked i was

See that bit ^^^^^^^^

Yeah it supposed to go there vvvvvv

Mutha farka!!!! Gutted.

My wife had to knock back a shift at work and i had to fix it monday night

Flipped the IC upside down and bought another couple of elbows and we are done.

So bled the fuel injectors and bled the cooling and took it for a test run. Felt great but as expected the Clutch would not hold 3rd and was barely getting through 2nd. We will lump along for a week and get it sorted.

I called Brett at 4wdObsession in Melton and booked a Clutch and tune for Today.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think my had that bracket that sticks forward that the ps cooler is mounted too.. but still looks pretty straight forward.

It's a bit involved mate but looking at the time you took to do the 4in through the gaurd you'll get through it okay

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @MudRunnerTD

Well 4" and very busy but you got thru. Did you only dry clamp(no sealants)?

Reason for 4" (hot/cold side) in lieu of say 2.5" (hot side)/ 3"(cold side)? Propose to use 2.5" hot/cold side.

Came across @AB FMIC install (post 14) and read re: compression (ref @nissannewby) :
    http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...l=1#post501187

With retaining vertical spt brkt (slightly modified), positioned cooler fwd, did the silicon joiner cause the need to flip cooler to provide clearance to bar mount brkt?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidja View Post
    @MudRunnerTD

Well 4" and very busy but you got thru. Did you only dry clamp(no sealants)?

Reason for 4" (hot/cold side) in lieu of say 2.5" (hot side)/ 3"(cold side)? Propose to use 2.5" hot/cold side.

Came across @AB FMIC install (post 14) and read re: compression (ref @nissannewby) :
    http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...l=1#post501187

With retaining vertical spt brkt (slightly modified), positioned cooler fwd, did the silicon joiner cause the need to flip cooler to provide clearance to bar mount brkt?
    Hi mate. I chose to stay at 4" from Snork head to turbo. No point putting a restriction in if your can fit it in. Air in was my priority.

Sticking with 76mm through the IC made sense if I could fit it. Not laggy which is good. Not sure of a disadvantage staying at 76mm but may be there is?? NissanNewby could comment.
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 15th July 2019 at 10:00 PM. Reason: fixed typo. bloody thumbs!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dry joints everywhere. No lube and no sealant.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi mate. I chose to stay at 4" from work head to turbo. No point putting a restriction in if your can fit it in. Air in was my priority.

Sticking with 76mm through the IC made sense if I could fit it. Not laggy which is good. Not sure of a disadvantage staying at 76mm but may be there is?? NissanNewby could comment.
    4" from work head to turbo
    ??? Induction sizing all the way to turbo inlet?

Query re_flipping cooler mate:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidja View Post
    ??? Induction sizing all the way to turbo inlet?

Query re_flipping cooler mate:
    Work Head should read Snork Head. I didnt see the point in buying a 4" Snork and 4" airbox then reduce the intake heading to the Turbo so stayed as big as i could for as long as i could.

Re flipping the cooler. Actually the inlet and outlet pipes went straight across the mount point of the bar damn it. i had no choice or way around it. Flipped it and was simple to fix. That mount bracket went straight through where i held my hand.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast