Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2” lift advice

G’day everyone,

Picked up my first patrol a few weeks back, it’s a 1990 GQ TD42 turbo,

Suspension will be my first upgrade and after reading heaps of threads about brands and set ups I think I’ve finally got it worked out but keen to get a few more opinions before I start,

For shocks thinking Bilstein B6 as haven’t heard anything bad about those yet,

As for coils was gonna go for EFS with 80-100kg load in the front (I’ve got bull bar, winch and dual batteries) and 50-100kg load in the back as I’ve got a roof rack and tow ball but that’s about it rarely tow a little tinny,

What’s everyone’s thoughts on these brands and has anyone used them together? Any info would be appreciated

Cheers,

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi JD, far as springs you should go abit more heavy duty, i been using Kings springs for my 2 inch lift and they are great , the link below is where I got them from and many other parts to as you see good prices regards Alex

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/King-Spr...4AAOSwj01dGJJy

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Rear-2-5...sAAOSwtPddGIw7
    Last edited by altech; 14th July 2019 at 11:30 AM.
    97 GU Ti 4.5 on lpg , uhf icom Pro400, Garmin GPS Maps, HD-Lukas Dash Cam with gps tracking. Snorkel , I-Max 12000lb Winch , Twin rear light bracket on wheel carrier for light & uhf antenna,Draws unit, Electric Cargo barrier, HID headlights kit, LED Light Bar, 2 inch lift with HD King springs and Monroe Gas Magnum TDT 4WD Shock Absorbers, BS Dueler 697 Lt 285/75R-16 .

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tips, After having a look at the links you suggested I got onto the king springs catalogue and referenced the part numbers and now I’m a lot more confident in the springs I’ll be getting,

Gonna go with Rear KDRR-43HD (100-250kg) and Front KDFR-42HHD (100-250kg)

Has anyone used these in the front? Being the extra heavy duty option does seem excessive but with a steel bull bar, winch, dual batteries plus lights and other bits and pieces my front end is well over the 100kg limit on the heavy duty coils,

Cheers