OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are You Attending?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Saturday Day Trip ONLY beacuse I'm not sure you'll like me ...

1 4.55%
  • Yes - Sunday Day Trip ONLY because I'm not sure I'll like you ...

0 0%
  • Yes - Saturday and Sunday ONLY as I've already used all my sickies at work ...

8 36.36%
  • Yes - Friday, Saturday and Sunday because I am sociable, likeable and love the outdoors ...

5 22.73%
  • No - I don't like having fun and meeting people, and I authorise everyone to paste me about it ...

8 36.36%
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Thread: Scenic Rim - Forum Trip - August 13th and 14th 2011 - Expression of Interest

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 04OFF View Post
    From Bolsys ,$600 a pair, and he is less than a hour from my place so i can pick em up ....

pic'c HERE

To be honest, they are not the "exact" design i would have chosen, but i cant wait any longer for the other person i really wanted to get some from , and very sick of fixing the damage, $600 is good value when a GU plastic flare costs $400 new.

My mate has a set of these sliders on his GQ (without the plate) and said they are very tuff, mine should be ready before i do my rock hopping on fraser, so may pay for themselves sooner than later ?
    Good value indeed mate!!! Good stuff ... I won't feel so bad takin you through rocky sections now!!!! But I did say "no" didn't I??!!! lmao

You'll never look back - let alone the boost in confidence, they'll make sure the sills don't cop any unnecessary attention.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From Bolsys ,$600 a pair, and he is less than a hour from my place so i can pick em up ....

pic'c HERE

To be honest, they are not the "exact" design i would have chosen, but i cant wait any longer for the other person i really wanted to get some from , and very sick of fixing the damage, $600 is good value when a GU plastic flare costs $400 new.

My mate has a set of these sliders on his GQ (without the plate) and said they are very tuff, mine should be ready before i do my rock hopping on fraser, so may pay for themselves sooner than later ?
    off the black 4wd club ordered about 6 or 7 sets of those late last year and i have not heard a bad word about them.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    what was different about the other design 04OFF

They were a one off design a guy made for his personal patrol , they were a great balance between a competition slider, and a step slider, i will explain what i mean when i see you next silver, but they are the best sliders (for my personal needs/wants) that i have seen to date.

I could get someone to custom make me a set to my own design, but to be honest, the cost would surley turn me away, the ones im now getting will be a slightly stronger design with the 5mm steel plate, but this plate will also weigh more and im sure will tend to hold mud (even tho they do have a drain slit to stop this) they will suit all my needs, just perhaps not all my wants, and for just $300 a side, i know they will pay for themselves very fast !
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 04OFF For This Useful Post:

Silver (18th August 2011)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrig View Post
    Good value indeed mate!!! Good stuff ... I won't feel so bad takin you through rocky sections now!!!! But I did say "no" didn't I??!!! lmao
    Its all duckies fault, takin us down that track, again ! (ha-ha) cheeky bugger drivin over the imposible bit like it wasnt even there

Yes think you did say NO (like id listen anyway, lol) I do recall expressing my personal concern about "the" rock, i think after saturdays effort, i knew i only had one shot, so i gave it heaps, which turned out to be a bit to much

The only thing "anyone" needs to remember, is that i got to the top (ha-ha)
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 994 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes you did mate and didn't complain about the damage. Was a good effort by all that went up.
    In the words of a Dhuck "QUACK".

Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Dave, yeh not the first damage, and wont be the last !, i was amazed at the line you took over the middle, as there was no line i could see, yet you just cruised over it easy, very cool to watch !

Thing is, my damage was obviously all driver error (wont be the last time for that either,lol) and not that the track was too hard for my truck, Mal got up in the same type of rig (A/Ts, no lokkas etc) but without any damage (well done Mal BTW) so i can see i will have to return to that track again

But Mal, your going "first" next time OK ! (hahah-ha)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 04OFF For This Useful Post:

Mal H (19th August 2011)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't get me wrong it was fun to watch but I was surprised that so many people went the left side of that rock. In a lightly lifted truck it was only asking for damage there was no room for error as you had to turn half way along it to get past it, then you had the other one up further to get over/around as well. To me the right hand side was a safer and easy way to get up that track. You always had 3 points of firm ground contact at any time. The old tojo did it with just the rear locker and the patrol that went that way seemed to have no issues. (who was that by the way?)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BOLSY'S sliders

Hey 04OFF,

Check your private messages mate, we sell and fit BOLSY'S sliders at our shop so I have sent through a special price for you mate

Dave
    TORQ4x4
    (tall bloke with the Black D40 that tagged along on this trip)

He-he, thanks Silver, no one will ever suggest i dont know where the loud pedal is !

Spent a few hours on the panels with a hammer last night, its a bit lumpy because its the raw metal (no bog yet) with white seal coat to stop rust, but should come up ok with a bit of filler and decent paint, least i can open my drivers door all the way now !

Also re fitted the tail light i ripped out in the play area

I think a set of Sliders are long overdue, so who wants to make me some ?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juddster85 View Post
    Hey 04OFF,

Check your private messages mate, we sell and fit BOLSY'S sliders at our shop so I have sent through a special price for you mate

Dave
    TORQ4x4
    (tall bloke with the Black D40 that tagged along on this trip)
    Dave??? I remember "old mate" and "Bill" and "Bob" .. but struggling to recall "Dave"!!! lmao

Good to see your on here 'old mate'!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Dave, yeh not the first damage, and wont be the last !, i was amazed at the line you took over the middle, as there was no line i could see, yet you just cruised over it easy, very cool to watch !

Thing is, my damage was obviously all driver error (wont be the last time for that either,lol) and not that the track was too hard for my truck, Mal got up in the same type of rig (A/Ts, no lokkas etc) but without any damage (well done Mal BTW) so i can see i will have to return to that track again

But Mal, your going "first" next time OK ! (hahah-ha)
    Always happy to follow, 04OFF, that was a tough section though. A lotta fun. Great weekend.

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast