Hi all. As per my introductions, we scored a Patrol.
I initially wanted fairly newer machine. We were eyeing off 2015/16 diesels. We were pretty much sold on a new Dmax .
But then, my boss, said hey lets have a chat! So we got a fair price on this thing with a coupla things like an awning, second battery and he even left a fridge in there for us. You ripppa! Pity it was empty...It is a 2006 diesel turbo, 4200.

So we bought it off our boss, who provided us with every single receipt he spent on it, all the way down to oil purchase receipts from repco and what not. So it has been looked after pretty well, but there are some things I'd like to get some idea on.
The car is nearing 200k. 10,000 oil / filter intervals.
We took it to a mechanic / 4wd place to get a good look ova . All seems well. But he did mention a coupla thingies.

Disclaimer: The following is written from an absolute patrol nuffy. So I'm typing in Patrol-y jargon from my memorized conversation with a mechanic...

1. The car is missing a ambient temp. sensor that hooks up to the pump. He is surprised the car is running as well, as it is without it. We found the spot on the front where it goes / but cables have been cut just before it. Should I leave this or spend the coin on it??
After some googledocking, these is what popped up.

https://patrolapart.com.au/product/g...ir-temp-sensor

2. The 2nd cog [sometimes] doesn't want to receive smoothly. It needs all planets aligned before insertion happens.
Mechanic replaced the oil and said, not to worry about it. These patrol boxes can stand up in a fight fairly well! Should I be concerned or is he fair dinkum? All the other gears are no worries.

3. There is NO history of brakes and/or hub maintenance. For example wheel bearings. He [the seller] cannot recall ever having it done / and nothing on receipts either. Mechanic checked front bearings out and tiny bit of a nip up supposedly, but otherwise all good.

Looking forward to the feedback .