Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beach vehicles

G’day everyone,

What’s everyone’s experience with vehicles that have spent time on the beach?

What exactly should I keep an eye out for when looking at patrols that have spent time on the beach? I know rust is the issue just not sure how to tell which vehicles have been on the beach and looked after and which have not,

Cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,264 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think it will be fairly easy to spot. You will never get sand out of the carpet, no matter how much you vacuum, sand always tends to appear. Look at metal parts behind the wheels. For example, the tail pipe. Pre last years Christmas trip to Cape Jaffa, I had made a new tail pipe section. Upon cleaning the Patrol post trip. The entire pipe was sandblasted. And surrounding areas. So you will be able to spot the evidence reasonably easy.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say have a good look at the chassis. My GU had some early signs of rust coming up on the chassis when i got it. Don't know if it had anything to do with beach driving but it surprised me for it's age. It's done a few good beach trips now in the time I've had it now and seems to be fine with good prep and clean.

If a vehicle was well prepared and cleaned after and wasn't showing the obvious signs of rust I wouldn't really hesitate.

As for a vehicle that's lived on the beach.. or a constant boat tower that might be different. Just do your normal due diligence, check out a few and get an idea for what's a normal amount of rust and what's excessive. My 2c.