Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Throttle controllers

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    had all pipes and tubes checked at the dyno (full diagnostic). Intercooler clean as a whistle .. had a catch can fitted as soon as I got the car and i check the filter every week or so when i check oil levels .. all clean and i mean nothing at all. All I know is, during the Dyno the performance was higher than stock but that was after the 3 inch exhaust was fitted. The car had only done 54000 when I bought it back in November last year. Engine diagnostics were check at last service (about a month ago) and their were no faults in the system. MAF sensor was also cleaned as well along with a new fuel filter. Runs like a sewing machine. Plus surprisingly good acceleration from say 90 to 130 ..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The vacuum off-takes I just haven't bought yet but they are cheap as chips from any pneumatic centre.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 565 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Great you have catch can and sounds like you are keeping maintenance up to it. Yes they do run well, must say though always looking for more torque low down but is the way it is.
    A couple of years ago when I did 3" exhaust, manual boost control, full NADS, stock turbo / ECU she was a good run, just different these days.
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job

Thanks
    Thanked 1,239 Times in 641 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Had the same issue years ago, I just put a car washing foam thingy under the accelerator pedal to give some resistance
    Old school thinking for the win. I'm with ya brother!!
    I AM NOT STUBBORN.........I prefer the term, Singlemindedly independent !

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Touses For This Useful Post:

Woof (2nd July 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 565 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah foam a good fix for right foot jumping rough going but CRD do suffer from excessive throttle lag resulting from drive by wire in lieu steel woven cable.
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've run an IDRIVE for a few years now on my 2014 Y61. Works well, and you can substantially reduce the throttle response for off-road use.
    2014 Titanium Y61 with all the fruit ................

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats definetly what I want to hear .. I dont have an issue with the patrols power in the higher rev range but it's too touchy at just above idle speeds. I think if/when I can afford to stick 33's on her it will help slightly but it's the control that is important at the lower speeds. Yes the idrive is certainly on the wish list .. hmmm the wish list has grown .. I have to start a second page arrrggghhhh

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a quick note to all. Got the Idrive today and chucked it on .. what a difference .. E5 and all the embarrassing kangaroo hops around carparks are gone .. havent tried many other settings yet but straight away she's fully controllable at the lowest speeds from idle .. very happy ..

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys, this may have been done but I'm new so bare with me.
    Have a GQ RB30 non turbo in QLD but live in Melbourne with my beloved GU 2012. Have had it remapped by a reputable company in Dandenong but for the money I paid I'm not real impressed. Looking into adding a throttle controller but heard some horror stories. I have a stock exhaust, 2" lift, staying with 33s. When remapped was told I would notice the difference in towing. Don't really tow but did on the Geelong bypass a substantial load but not that heavy and lost a fair bit of momentum. Strike! Still have turbo lag, Strike! Cost me best part of $1400, Strike!
    I've been googling a lot and my mechanic hates throttle controllers.
    Can someone give me some light?!
    Setting this girl up for the long haul witha lot of touring in mind. I want her to go the distance.

Looking forward to your responses.
    Steve.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Meagher View Post
    Hi guys, this may have been done but I'm new so bare with me.
    Have a GQ RB30 non turbo in QLD but live in Melbourne with my beloved GU 2012. Have had it remapped by a reputable company in Dandenong but for the money I paid I'm not real impressed. Looking into adding a throttle controller but heard some horror stories. I have a stock exhaust, 2" lift, staying with 33s. When remapped was told I would notice the difference in towing. Don't really tow but did on the Geelong bypass a substantial load but not that heavy and lost a fair bit of momentum. Strike! Still have turbo lag, Strike! Cost me best part of $1400, Strike!
    I've been googling a lot and my mechanic hates throttle controllers.
    Can someone give me some light?!
    Setting this girl up for the long haul witha lot of touring in mind. I want her to go the distance.

Looking forward to your responses.
    Steve.
    Hi Steve,

My understanding is a throttle controller really works best on s Drive by Wire throttle rather than a cable actuated throttle.

I would point you at something like a UniChip as a power upgrade. What did you get for $1400? Surely that in x lures dome bolt ons or Chip?
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123