Hi Folks,

Am posting from the UK as it seems you guys down under have far more Patrols than we do here in blighty, so seems a better idea to tap your knowledge.

Anyway, to my issue.

I've a friend that has two patrols, both the 3.0 litre diesels. One was rotten but had a good engine, the other packed up soon after the rotten one was taken off the road as the engine had seized. Said friend then took the rotten one and the seized engine one to a garage for them to swap the engines over, make one good one out of two he thought!

The issue is that the engines have now been swapped but the now supposed good vehicle won't start. Garage have washed their hands of it after trying to get it going... It's been sat for a while gathering dust, it's only now that I've got to the end of my job list and I'd said that I'd have a poke about and see if I can get it going....

As far as I'm aware, the engine, ECU and key are all from the same rotten vehicle, but now in the one which had the seized engine. I'm pretty happy that they have primed up the fuel system as fuel is getting to the pump, so not a fuel starvation issue.

On cranking the engine the red NATS light stays on constantly on the dashboard. When not cranking it is flashing.

I'm under the impression that the NATS system is not too happy about this new engine and ECU. Is there anything else that needs to be swapped over for the engine to "think" it's still in the rotten vehicle, when in reality it's got a new home?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Matt