Thread: Harrop 2300 supercharger to Optimiser 6500

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Darren, the time taken to number and document all the cables at the fuse box is a bit redundant as the individual fuses are LED illuminated if they blow and I have taken the time to only run 1 wire per circuit, so if the fuse blows i will know immediately which circuit is at fault. Regards fires, well, I am very experienced at hitting isolators at the batteries now and also ripping battery terminals off in confined spaces! I wont bother with the fuse lids unless they fit easily, let alone labels.

I also have a weird noise happening on start up from the A/C pump area. It sounds a lot like a belt sticking and releasing from a surface for maybe the first 5 minutes then it disappears. I can't find a fault with the a/c pump or clutch and its all working well - put it down to the super stiff 8 rib belts getting some sort of 'permanent set' when it sits for a while - like the old cross ply tires that needed 2klm to push the flat spot out on start up - then as it does a few laps it heats up a bit and disappears - weird. I will see if i can video it and post it. Like I said, nothing detrimental happening, maybe just the way it is?

Anyway, I am cleaning out the garage at the moment and will then get into the 3 wires issue and non working accessories later this week.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (22nd July 2020)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Did good mate.

My 37 Treps were brutal after sitting for 6 months. They needed a run down the freeway to loosen up and warm up and loose the flat spot.

Can't wait to crawl all over this thing mate. Sik build.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (22nd July 2020)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, been a bit busy with this latest mod. I decided to bolster the actual cooling capacity as I am not reaching the cooling numbers portrayed on the FI youtube clips. I did read also that vehicles with the FI Interchiller installed for track work, needed to add the additional ambient air heat exchanger, and this translates i believe to the 4WD touring scenario. I bought a couple of the extruded aluminum finned hex. and rigged up a circuit to take the fluid from the outlet of the w2a unit in the inlet manifold, chill it using a 3" rule bilge fan at nominal 100cfm and send the water back to the holding tank and this added approx 2L of coolant supply, which is a plus.
    I dont have pics of the actual build, however the hex are encased in a custom insulated box, The inlet air is sourced from the pass side Bullbar wing, utilising a simple PVC drain fitting that is strong enough to take branches and easy to twist out and clean.

I have pics of the finished job, however Bigpond is on a go slow today and the attachments are not downloading. Also replaced a faulty water temp sender unit, and tomorrow will dive into the 3 wires that dont have a home from the latest rewire.
    Last edited by PeeBee; 7th August 2020 at 07:35 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (7th August 2020)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, Telstra got the message and let the attachments come thru. The heat exchanger is mounted on top of the Pass front spring tower. I checked the clearance and there is plenty of room for the tyre. The lines are run in 3/4" heater hose and suitably protected. I will need to insulate the ones inside the engine bay, however it was very tight as you could imagine.Inlet grill.JPGFront section HEX.JPGRear enfd of HEX.JPG

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

0-TJ-0 (8th August 2020), MB (7th August 2020), mudnut (10th August 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You are not trying hard enough Phil!!!!!!

THIS!!!

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

mudnut (10th August 2020), PeeBee (10th August 2020)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    You are not trying hard enough Phil!!!!!!

THIS!!!

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    You got me, 'Lay down Sally at my best'. I bet that thing is a missile, probably someone else in lockdown with too much time on their hands!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (10th August 2020)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think I came out in front today by a whisker. The 'dead instruments was simply a missing jumper cable from one fuse block to the next. The 3 remaining cables remain a mystery, however will have a look again tomorrow, as the roof camping lights are now dead. The roof mounted lightbar has started to flicker after approx 30 secs of running - will check the earth first, but it might be about to die. All other high beam aux. lights are operating fine. In discussions with the water temp sensor guys as one is stuck on minus 10 degC - even if left in ambient air or dunked in hot tap water, have already replaced the sensor, so suspect its the controller.

Wired up the aux heat exchanger fan so thats done, so apart from the temp sensor, its just the checking of the vehicle earth bonding re the HF interference on 7-8MHz.
    Last edited by PeeBee; 11th August 2020 at 04:09 PM.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (11th August 2020), mudnut (11th August 2020), MudRunnerTD (11th August 2020)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All dead instruments are now alive, the flickering light was a dying relay, so replaced that, pulled all the earth points apart, cleaned them up and rebolted - tried radio, however there is so much background noise from Metro melb its not possible to check for success. I did add another 2 earth straps though. Tomorrow is the roofrack lights and installation of the in-line fuel heater.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (12th August 2020), mudnut (12th August 2020), MudRunnerTD (12th August 2020)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pulled the converted Nissan seat and Bostrum base out today, wasn't happy with the overall 'travel ' of the seat, so 5 hrs later after a myriad of minor changes, its how i wanted it. Fixed the roof lights, now chasing why the rear camera/rear vision mirror device has gone 'offline' With luck will have a look at the winch 'speed up project' next week, x4 line speed, so in theory 5fpm to 20fpm in low gear and 12fpm to 50fpm in high, which is really just a rope retrieve function. Its going to be a mission for sure.
    Last edited by PeeBee; 13th August 2020 at 07:13 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (13th August 2020)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took a break from tidying the garage - been at it 3 weeks - 15 yrs of disorganisation, what a job. Anyway, mounted the emerg 12V PS pump. It will normally be carried either inside the vehicle in a storage area or under th vehicle in a storage box - have not decided. The pump came with its own bracket however required mods as expected. I am waiting on some fittings to arrive to duplicate the connections on the PS pump, then a simple job of heading to Pirtek and getting the hoses made up. Power will be by flying lead connectors, and just need to ascertain if I need a PS or not for the flow - any idea? There is a loom supplied with 3 small wires as well as the large cables to drive the pump - came with an 80amp fuse. I have had a crap run with the Chev PS pumps fitted to this engine, so if it fails up the bush, its a relatively simple job to swap out the hoses at the steering box. The RHS is just a spacer for set up. Bracket is bolted to the bullbar upright where the old tow hook used to be.
    PS pump A.JPGPS Pump B.JPGPS Pump C.JPG

Page 37 of 53 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast