Page 17 of 53 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Harrop 2300 supercharger to Optimiser 6500

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just saw this post on fvabeook which you should find interesting Phil. Not sure where you are at with clutch selection now but reading this and your expected power output I reckon your only real choice is the viper clutch.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Chris, I looked at a range of options including twin plate. The Isuzu clutch 6x6 was rated at 600 ish, so that cut it out. The Viper ended up being too much hassle and to be honest it was in the basket of a custom set up in my mind. The flywheel, and existing clutch had to be sent to Brisbane and then a replacement set up to suit.It needed either a new flywheel or machining and re-drilling - they could not be certain. I could not expect a workshop to have the barge sitting around for a week whilst this was going on.It was just too much stuffing around. I think their product is the goods, but just didn't work for me.
    I have decided to go with the Exedy Safari HD ex BD as they and Exedy are standing behind it with a 2 yr warranty so regardless of how hopeless BD are, Exedy have the runs.(rated somewhere in the order of 900 continuous and 1200 peak, so will see how that runs - took a lot of hassling to get these values) i contacted UFI re their HD cluch - @AB is running one. Could not get the info or feeling of certainty out of the guy I spoke with - all he wanted to do was clap on about how crap the chev was - good bye fool.

By comparison, the Clutch Industries unit in mine was running in a guys vehicle in WA, the guy who has a similar set up to mine, and he put 100,000klm on his, but the flywheel has toast by the time he swapped to an auto - and he towed a 3T van from Bunbury to Cape York return with that under rated clutch. Either, he is a total animal, the clutch is very de-rated, or he wasn't getting the torque he thought.

Right now I simply want the beast sorted with the belt issue and its then more or less capable of getting back on the road. Aircon needs a couple of hoses and gas, then slow burner wire tidy up. I am looking hard at the Interchiller setup to get the inlet temps down and resultant EGT's (Torqueline Garage can do a completed W2A and A/C chiller system, will see how everything sits for now). I have to still hook up the water injection system as well - plenty to do. Hydro Boost is perhaps the next ticket after the clutch I think.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you've convinced of anything Phil (if i can call you that), it's that if I wanted something like this..to buy one that's already complete haha.

Nah it's not so bad when everything works and fits as it's sold... But my projects always seem to end up like this, over time, over budget and eveyone wants to tell you how you should have gone a different way!
    2003 GU TD42 with a few extra ponies

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 0-TJ-0 For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (16th September 2019)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 0-TJ-0 View Post
    If you've convinced of anything Phil (if i can call you that), it's that if I wanted something like this..to buy one that's already complete haha.

Nah it's not so bad when everything works and fits as it's sold... But my projects always seem to end up like this, over time, over budget and eveyone wants to tell you how you should have gone a different way!
    I hear ya, and to be honest, I wanted to see if I could actually do this, have wanted to get dirty into a motor to some degree for years. The disappointing thing has been the detail and the money laid out for what should have been a bolt together affair - simply didn't land there. I am very close now, just the belt alignment and an a/c hose, so its not that bad I guess.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

0-TJ-0 (16th September 2019)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, fitted the under bonnet self adhesive felt and its come up a treat. Tough and difficult to cut and trim, but with the right applicator roller, it roles out without a fold or stretch mark. Rated at 260 degC and does not burn. Really finishes and hides all the carnage from the multitude of mods over the years.

My retired neighbour wandered over today for one of his daily chats and turns out he was a panel beater in a former life, so implored me to hand over the new bonnet and the paint so he has something to do whilst I am back up on site - what an offer, top guy, so busy tomorrow cleaning all the over smudged silastic sealer used at the bonnet to scoop interface.

bonnet insulation.JPG

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (16th September 2019), mudnut (16th September 2019), MudRunnerTD (26th September 2019), poindexter (16th September 2019), Rossco (17th September 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That under bonnet lining looks awesome Phil, do you have any details on what it is?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (26th September 2019)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Premium-...72.m2749.l2649

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Car-Soun...72.m2749.l2649

The trick is to cut the template out of cardboard first, then copy onto the felt using a texta. I used a combination of sharp scissors and a heavy stanley knife. The self adhesive backing is very sticky, but peel-able. Ideally placement is best with 2 people, but I managed by myself , just needed to plan the 'drop'. It looks better than a factory fit. I used the original felted cardboard nissan as a preliminary template then optimised from there - the framed cutouts were simple enough to trace out with the knife.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (26th September 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes I like it a lot!

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BD have advised the replacement bracket, pump and 8 rib pulley will be in Melb friday/monday next week. I have paid for the Exedy Safari HD clutch and flywheel, which is also in the same consignment. Bonnet getting sprayed this week also, so with luck it will be on the road by Tuesday Oct 8. From there into a local shop to do the clutch.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

mudnut (26th September 2019), Rossco (26th September 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooh excitement, you'll be ripping up the pavement in no time. .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (26th September 2019)

Page 17 of 53 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast