Threaded View

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,748 Times in 2,688 Posts
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, headed off on the maiden s/c run for 3 days up the high country. Good news all round, no smoke testing or flames anywhere, nothing failed apart from a temp gauge/sender playing funny buggers. Interchiller system worked well, in all honestly not as spectacular as some of the vid's on youtube, but the results are pleasing. Put 700klm on it as a starter, so decent first run. The prize is lower egt's, so i guess i have succedded but time will tell if the outlay and difficulty has been worth it - unsure just at this moment.

I am knocking about 60degC out of the inlet air temp to the engine (post s/c at 14psi) as a minimum, at times close to 80degC. EGT's are sitting around 200 Deg C most or the time(even on both banks/probes), have to push really crazy to get 400degC. Boost is running at 14psi with peaks to 17psi when i stomp it. Rad temps are running around the 84degC- 90Deg C and 17Deg c drop across the coil, so that vindicates the bloody expensive ally radiator and high volume water pump. The aux 2200cfm 12V fan works well and drops temps down when crawling along by around 5 degC. Gearbox and transfer case running at 60 degC in all conditions, cruising or in the bush. Cabin a/c temps frosty cold and when I run the bypass a/c circuit to direct 100% cooling to the engine the water temps and inlet air temps fall by about 7 deg, and i can still run the heater in the cabin I found without detriment despite Fi Interchiller claiming otherwise.

Fuel consumption at 100klm/hr is 22l/hr, (22l/100kilometer). At 110km/hr it pushes up to 28, at 120 up to 35! The 2.8TD engine used to deliver 30L/100klm. so I am still in front and heaps more enjoyment to drive. In the bush its averaging around 10 - 11 based on the numbers i was observing. Super responsive, like driving a petrol V8 auto when cruising, just touch the accel pedal and it takes off, on the flat or uphill, downshifting not required - big improvement on the n/a version.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

0-TJ-0 (4th July 2020), Cremulator (3rd July 2020), MudRunnerTD (3rd July 2020), poindexter (4th July 2020)