Threaded View

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 2,684 Posts
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, took the beast out today for a 2hr squirt. A/C decided to give up the ghost, so have to get that checked out, maybe a gas issue. water Meth system drops the EGT's by around 40 - 50 deg it seems at 100khr. Hard to really tell as the gauges are subject to some inaccuracy. The motor sounds different though and its runs smoother also. Apart from that, no belt squeal, and belt drift looks like its resolved. Renogy charge controller issue appears to have been temperature related as its working fine now.

Revs at 1625rpm@100kmhr, egts circa 200degC. Radiator on temp sits around the 84degC and when it climbs to say 95 I hit the spray bar and it takes about 15 secs before the temps drop again, so thats a good sign also.

Second diesel fuel heater installed, was leaking fuel by the time I got home. I pulled the first one apart and it appears to have been leaking from the thermo switch insert which is a metal plug pushed into the plastic body. Not happy, another round of emails back to the USA.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

mudnut (5th January 2022), MudRunnerTD (9th January 2022), poindexter (5th January 2022)