Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Cheers mate, is a bit of a mission. But I'm enjoying getting to know the new car.

What psi have you got the SC set at? That then compounds to the Turbo yeah? 1 turbo not 2? That's right yeah?
    Just a Harrop 2300 running the 16psi pulley. I would love the twin turbo feed like on the Banks test Motor, but frankly this engine isn't built for that kind of HP. The Banks engine runs twin turbo's into a s/c, and makes around 1200hp.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (9th January 2022)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finger gotta itchy today after 2 weeks in a nightmare project stage so bought a Marks 4x4 hydro booster to go over the Willwoods. Expect a significant braking upgrade moving forward. The barge is still quit heavy despite efforts to trim it down.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (21st October 2022), jff45 (18th November 2022), MB (22nd October 2022), Rossco (22nd October 2022)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will watch this development with curious anticipation!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cremulator For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (22nd October 2022)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Finger gotta itchy today after 2 weeks in a nightmare project stage so bought a Marks 4x4 hydro booster to go over the Willwoods. Expect a significant braking upgrade moving forward. The barge is still quit heavy despite efforts to trim it down.
    Hi Pee Bee

Have you thought about the aux electric pumps capacity to run the steering and the brakes?
    I talked to Ultimate Power Steering, and they said you'd need 12l/m flow and the electric pumps generally provide 3ishl/m, as I looked at replacing the engine driven pump with an electric pump.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poindexter View Post
    Hi Pee Bee

Have you thought about the aux electric pumps capacity to run the steering and the brakes?
    I talked to Ultimate Power Steering, and they said you'd need 12l/m flow and the electric pumps generally provide 3ishl/m, as I looked at replacing the engine driven pump with an electric pump.
    Are you referring to the Astra electric unit I carry as an emerg breakdown device? I am sure it will be fine. I cant see a need for 12L/min thru the power steering system anyway, but no doubt there are others with alternate viewpoints. The amount of liquid volume is actually captive within the system - bit confused by the question to be honest!

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I was referring to the Astra pump. It's not a viewpoint thing, just a flow in l/min thing. Wanting to know if the Astra unit will drive both at the same time. Do you know the specs of the Astra pump?. I'm looking at replacing the engine driven P/S pump with this. They seem readily available and cheap.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poindexter View Post
    Yes, I was referring to the Astra pump. It's not a viewpoint thing, just a flow in l/min thing. Wanting to know if the Astra unit will drive both at the same time. Do you know the specs of the Astra pump?. I'm looking at replacing the engine driven P/S pump with this. They seem readily available and cheap.
    I don't know the specs but there must exist a listing somewhere. I selected it because its used by a lot of people building hotrods and looking to clean up the engine bay. I would assume it would be sufficient. When I looked at the Hydraboost I could not find a mention about system flowrate or capacity. Working on the assumption that the brakes and PS are closed loop, and the amount of fluid required to operate the actuator, I can't see an issue with the standard saginaw pump - I guess the question is the flowrate sufficient to operate or will the PS slowdown or the brakes fade?. If you find the specs on it and the electric I guess you have your answer. I would think if it works for the PS then the pissant amount for the brakes will be fine, again the system is closed loop once filled to the level and oil being incompressible would think it ok. Even 3L/min is a lot of fluid, and its not like its escaping from the loop - anyway thats my 'impression, maybe not the answer? I have not tried my system out, its rigged up with the hoses and its there to get me out of the bush if the saginaw fails, even slowly.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 613 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you look at the pressure reserve reservoir on the hydroboost unit it doesn't look like it would hold more than maybe 200 ml considering there's also a piston & spring in the cylinder and it should be good for a couple of brake applications if the pump fails. That suggests it doesn't need a lot for the brakes.

I saw it was suggested that you might feel the occasional hard spot in the steering when manoeuvring and braking at the same time but I've never felt it with my installation.
    John

2001 GUII TI 4500 - Now converted to TD42T auto with Nomad valve body

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jff45 For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (18th November 2022)

Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253