Thread: Harrop 2300 supercharger to Optimiser 6500

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Was running it only two nights ago Daz and never actually stopped in the first place ya whacker :-)
    I’ve still got another 3.5year timeline to catch your GQ beasty revamp top efforts mate :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bhahahahaha! Owned I am Sir!!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

MB (11th October 2019)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Bhahahahaha! Owned I am Sir!!
    Luv it guys. Have you fixed the rear tank MB? I will try and drop those injectors over on my next break

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (11th October 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,247 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not yet either mate:-)
    What injectors good man ;-)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Replacements ex my truck ya goose! Do you still want them?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (11th October 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,247 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes please Sir :-)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (12th October 2019)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, back in Melb for a day then heading north again tomorrow. Took the beast out for a run after doing another radiator burp, and 5klm out, lost all gauges on the dash - bloody hell, what now. Anyway, kept driving and its very responsive in 3,4,5. So got home, parked it up and started the search, Main 75a fuse was blown, and after an hour of searching found a hastily run cable hand slumped onto the exhaust manifold - yep that will do it. Cable ties it up and away, then replaced fuse- all good. back into the garage for another 2 week rest and then its time to start fitting up the water injection, boost gauge and diving into a complete re-wire - time for a tidy up. Starting the research into the Interchiller setups on the market as focused on keeping the EGT's low. The new radiator keeps the temps down nicely as well, combined with the soluble oil coolant.

For those wondering what the sound is like from the s/c, I think if similar to running on old jeep service cookie cutters to be honest. Its nothing like the noise from Mad max - but not too intrusive, however you know its there and its a head turner when you pull up at the lights as its whining away nicely.

I also had a leak develop on one of the injector return line hoses. Swapped out the hose, no difference, so after a bit of a hunt found the return line ex the engine to the tank had a slight kink. This was straightened out and bingo, al good.
    Last edited by PeeBee; 30th October 2019 at 03:56 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (30th October 2019)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Yes please Sir :-)

I will drop them over on my next break Mark.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (30th October 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    OK, back in Melb for a day then heading north again tomorrow. Took the beast out for a run after doing another radiator burp, and 5klm out, lost all gauges on the dash - bloody hell, what now. Anyway, kept driving and its very responsive in 3,4,5. So got home, parked it up and started the search, Main 75a fuse was blown, and after an hour of searching found a hastily run cable hand slumped onto the exhaust manifold - yep that will do it. Cable ties it up and away, then replaced fuse- all good. back into the garage for another 2 week rest and then its time to start fitting up the water injection, boost gauge and diving into a complete re-wire - time for a tidy up. Starting the research into the Interchiller setups on the market as focused on keeping the EGT's low. The new radiator keeps the temps down nicely as well, combined with the soluble oil coolant.

For those wondering what the sound is like from the s/c, I think if similar to running on old jeep service cookie cutters to be honest. Its nothing like the noise from Mad max - but not too intrusive, however you know its there and its a head turner when you pull up at the lights as its whining away nicely.

I also had a leak develop on one of the injector return line hoses. Swapped out the hose, no difference, so after a bit of a hunt found the return line ex the engine to the tank had a slight kink. This was straightened out and bingo, al good.
    A Complete Re-Wire! Your Scaring the Sh1t out of me Phil!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

MB (31st October 2019), Rossco (31st October 2019)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enough is enough I reckon. I have bought a heap of wire id numbers of different sizes. I think I will basically strip from the appliance, then rerun the cables to the marshall fuse boxes, a dedicated on for IGN/ACC powered devices and the mains to the rear and another fuse box in the front. Its 'kind of grown' out of control as you have seen. I expect to be finished by 2021.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (31st October 2019), MudRunnerTD (1st November 2019), Rossco (31st October 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Enough is enough I reckon. I have bought a heap of wire id numbers of different sizes. I think I will basically strip from the appliance, then rerun the cables to the marshall fuse boxes, a dedicated on for IGN/ACC powered devices and the mains to the rear and another fuse box in the front. Its 'kind of grown' out of control as you have seen. I expect to be finished by 2021.
    That is exactly what I did in the GQ mate. Even some of my old wiring from years ago scared the shit out of me. It was way way easier to just write it off and start from scratch. I have full confidence now that all my looms make sense, are all fuse protected and are not overloaded. I assumed nothing and just ran a new line. I stripped a full wheel barrow of wire out of the GQ!!! Was liberating.

Plan well. Sub boards and distribution blocks for the win mate. Good luck. If you need a hand I'm happy to give you a day.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

poindexter (1st November 2019), Rossco (1st November 2019)

Page 19 of 53 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast