Thread: Harrop 2300 supercharger to Optimiser 6500

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Darren, appreciate the help. I will think this through and see how far I take it. Right now I think its the myriad of accessory wires that are the complication - taking feeds off scotch locked connections and no cable ID is a pain. I have the know-how and method, just needed the discipline 20 yrs ago to do it right - I think there is some saying around' do it right the first time and then forget about it'.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep did the same with mine with the rebuild amazing how much crap comes out. . . Will be interesting to see with yours Phil will have to get a photo then a trip to the copper merchant. . .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (1st November 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Thanks Darren, appreciate the help. I will think this through and see how far I take it. Right now I think its the myriad of accessory wires that are the complication - taking feeds off scotch locked connections and no cable ID is a pain. I have the know-how and method, just needed the discipline 20 yrs ago to do it right - I think there is some saying around' do it right the first time and then forget about it'.
    yeah i found that starting fresh was very simple. All your accessories are mounted. a few new ones too but for the most part you have them all in place. Strip out all the wire then run your main runs to your Sub blocks. Then loom out to each item one at a time and your good to go. You might get away with even using 7 core trailer wire for some of it if you wan colour but for the most part you want red and black. Go for it mate, if something doesnt work you will know why..... you have not done it's loom. you can work systematically through each accessory and you will transform your car mate.

Good luck bud, daunting as it sounds you are all over it mate. clearly have the skills and it is just time that is your killer here.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (1st November 2019), Rossco (1st November 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always need a beer or two wiring I find, slow & steady keep it all neat. . .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fyi also. I found some 15amp 7 core trailer wire at Jaycar... handy.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There are ways to neaten it up a lot. Throw a PLC and basic screen in and you can run say like 1 can bus cable to the rear to a slave that then can switch on accessories. This kind of stuff is cool and would be trick.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    There are ways to neaten it up a lot. Throw a PLC and basic screen in and you can run say like 1 can bus cable to the rear to a slave that then can switch on accessories. This kind of stuff is cool and would be trick.
    Thanks Matt, but I am an absolute electronics dinosaur when it comes to the actual 'doing' and I also am a total hater of electronic boxes that have a zillion switches about the size of a pin head. I think in the hands of an electronic head this would be great, but for me its going to be multicore and fuse boxes I reckon. Darrens description above is pretty much where I will start, accessories and pigtails, number from there to fuses and switches - really basic. As Rossco mentioned, its a slow and steady with attention to the detail race. I have a couple of areas in need of serious cleanup - under the dash from hell and also the drivers front pillar with a 25mm dia corrugated sheath - then there are the 100 wires under the bonnet - nup, it needs a tidy up and a solid birthday. I have the time as I don't really get my recreational legs back until I get out of the mining game again.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (1st November 2019), Rossco (2nd November 2019)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couple of steps forward, couple backwards. Found the fuel leak, was a leaking nut on the injector. Went for a drive today to Yarra Glen, via Mt Dandy and back, nothing blew up or caught fire, but the alternator has stopped charging, so that's for next time. A relatively new Varta crank battery decided to die over the last weeks, dropped to 3V, so luckily had another cranker sitting around, that's a win or now.
    Measured up for the interchiller and made a cardboard box template, found a hiding spot for it, so will place the order this week on it. Still stewing over the cost of the W2A unit, measured up the avail room and will start the hunt in earnest. Davis Craig pump arrived, liquid inlet tank also on its way.
    Ordered another s/c drive pulley with the correct offset to get the belts aligned, will be here in a week or so.

Vehicle is a dream to drive, I gave it the boot leaving my brothers place and he said it sound amazing, and the torque dumps the drivers side rear corner down under hard acceleration. Floating along in 4th is so easy now, plant the foot and off it goes, but still not used to the off accelerator jolt yet as its nothing like a lagging throttle response, it 100 - zero in a snap. Just different. Was a mild day today, but temps on gauges only got to 1/3. Clutch goes in Dec 9.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (24th November 2019), mudnut (19th November 2019), MudRunnerTD (19th November 2019), Rossco (19th November 2019)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pulled the trigger today on a Bullet integrated intercooler that sits inside the existing inlet manifold and is the same as @poindexter has installed. Exhausted all other options due to format and ridiculous cost for a full custom unit - crazy numbers. Following up with the interchiller purchase in the new year. Inlet manifold needs to go to QLD for the fitment also, another delay in getting this thing out and about but gives me time for the wiring I guess by default. I/c due some time in late Dec/early jan.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (24th November 2019), mudnut (20th November 2019), MudRunnerTD (20th November 2019), Rossco (20th November 2019), rusty_nail (20th November 2019), Winnie (20th November 2019)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, here is a pic of the intergrated I/c core that sits inside the inlet manifold and directly under the s/c itself.Integrated core.jpeg

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

0-TJ-0 (23rd November 2019), MB (24th November 2019), mudnut (22nd November 2019)

Page 20 of 53 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast