Threaded View

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,738 Times in 2,686 Posts
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit of a crap day today. I bought an inspection camera to see if I could find that coolant leak but no luck so far. I then decided to re-torque the inlet manifold to the block as the 'wind' was getting loader plus I was losing boost - hit 10psi then starts to drop and there is a god almighty whistle going on. So retorqued the bolts, started it up and the breeze is still there, plus a horrendous squeal from the front of the engine and the 8V belt was starting to track off the idler. I looked at the assy and 'nothing had changed', so when I took the load off the belt to flick it back across, I noticed the idle pulley flexing by about 2-3 degrees from the belt tension. I have been running the green fleetguard belt, so thought I would first swap out the auto tensioner as maybe it had failed and was over tensioning the belt. Swapped it over for a spare I bought from brunswick diesel, and of course it has not ben internally modified to give a great throw,. so that had to be swapped back to the original. Then I thought I would swap out the belt for a new standard duty belt which has a bit more give - this turned into a saga as night was upon me and my patience was ebbing. Anyway, got the belt on, just, but the sub assy is still flexing.

From here I will have a look if anything has actually come loose on the brackets, but right now the belt tension appears through the roof, and have not driven it to ascertain what the falling/limited boost issue is.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

mudnut (29th May 2020)