Thread: Tools you have bought/want to buy feedback thread

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OK Gents this is just getting silly!!

If you don't have a set of ratchet spanners then these are a bloody bargain. Nearlly stealing them. If you do have ratchet spanners then these are perfect on the other side of the shed or in a Rol iin the car permanently.

I have this exact set as an extra set on the far side of my shed. Yes I have a problem but finding a ratchet spanner ain't one of them. This is a Great set. I have them and used them a dair bit. My go to set that I have had for over 10 years is also gearwrench.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (8th May 2023), MB (9th May 2023), mudnut (8th May 2023), PeeBee (9th May 2023), rusty_nail (9th May 2023)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So I think I posted in here some time back about a New To Me Welder. I got it off FB Marketplace for about 20% of its retail value which was a steal. I have not done much in the shed for a link time and this is the second time I've used this welder. The first time was welding a body braxe on the GQ before Tassie which ended with my Car on fire and a total Loss of the Main Fuse board in the main loom in the driver side kicker!!! Was a bad day.

Well apprehensively I got out to the shed this afternoon and dialed in the welder for 5mm plate and vloodt Hell it's nice!! I wish I had it when I was building the bar work on the GQ as it's a World Better than the shitty one I had. Blame the tools I did and proved today that I'm not an absolute failure on a welder.

Welded up the top for my new Welding table and stoked with the outcome

Pretty happy with how it came up. Some grinding to flat on a couple but stoked

Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

@GUte (25th November 2023), jff45 (8th October 2023), mudnut (8th October 2023), rusty_nail (25th November 2023), taslucas (8th October 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,062 Times in 615 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sold my Unimig Procraft 240 MIG welder and my Unimig 200 AC/DC TIG both on Marketplace and got decent money for both so I went shopping yesterday and picked up a Unimig 230 4 in 1 machine that replaces both previous units.
    They threw in a good $399 helmet in the deal so I’ll keep it as a spare.

2023-10-07 11-03-28.jpeg
    John

2001 GUII TI 4500 - Now converted to TD42T auto with Nomad valve body

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jff45 For This Useful Post:

@GUte (25th November 2023), mudnut (8th October 2023), MudRunnerTD (8th October 2023), PeeBee (8th October 2023)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So I am a Facebook Marketplace animal. Bargain hunter. Fins stuff all the time ans a few members here have benefited from this lol.

Win for me. I have been searching Festool for a while chasing a Plunge Track saw. I stumbled on a HUGE Collection of Festool Pneumatic Air fitting ans couldn't pass it. Mainly 6mm stuff which could be handy in a car build. I now have a life time supplier of quality Festool fittings....

$50. Legit...... $50.. there has got to be $1500 with of fitting! More even

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (25th November 2023), taslucas (25th November 2023)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Same Bloke... a forced air Welding Helmwt with Air pump and Filter. Retail $1400

$300. Pretty stoked with that pickup too.

Stoked

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just want a bluddy welding helmet I can see out of. Good helmet but its way too dark even with a sheet load of lamps on my work.

Many years ago I bought a Unimig 250a mult purpose mig welder which packed it in. Apparently it was my fault because my 10A run was too far and should have been on 15A. Awe well. But I have to say support by Unimig is second to none. I was well out of warranty yet they reduced my fix it charge by 50%.

Anyway, while this welder was down, I bought an old clunker 180A mig which cave men would have used for $100. Yep, marketplace. Man is this welder smooth. The old fella who owned this fitted a huge fan to increase its duty cycle and it sounds like an old VW! It ain’t goin anywhere.20191010_204414_resized.jpeg

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to @GUte For This Useful Post:

mudnut (20th March 2024), MudRunnerTD (25th November 2023), rusty_nail (25th November 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 3,670 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Market place is so addictive! Morning coffee and bargain scroll ritual

.......from under the great down under.
    Hello from Under Down Under!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taslucas For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (25th November 2023), rusty_nail (25th November 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,323 Times in 4,992 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can’t be bothered searching above, potentially already posted these Great USA Vicey’s imported a year or so ago:

Shipped into Australia, (as Vice Grip-AU) doesn’t sell them yet

Brought/Bought 3 x (Small / Medium/Large)

Unbelievably Ridiculous Torque grip, truly leaving at home these days most other tools on Gnarly Lightweight required trips

FWIW AB Brother, they can grip the likes of say 5mm of an exposed diff nut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

mudnut (20th March 2024)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,346 Times in 770 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to buy a grease gun. I had one about 20 years ago and all I can remember is that more grease came out of it than went into the thing I was greasing.

Any recommendations, gotta be under $100.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,286 Times in 492 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am using a pneumatic one. Very handy to just pull the trigger instead of pumping a lever single-handed while under the truck. And you can replace the grease fitting on the end of the hose (I haven't yet) with one that clamps to the grease nipple thing so you don't even need to hold the hose end.

images2.jpeg images.jpeg
    1997 Blue Nissan Patrol Y60 blacktop TD42 - Honey Badger (build thread)
    2006 White Nissan Patrol Y61 TB45 - G-Unicorn (build thread)
    1997 Red Suzuki Samurai Canvas Top SJ413 - Tatui
    2005 White Toyota Landcruiser FZJ105 - Stormtrooper

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrazilianY60 For This Useful Post:

10G (20th March 2024), PeeBee (19th March 2024)

Page 103 of 105 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 LastLast