Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aircon not cool during idle

Hello everyone i hope someone here can be kind enough to give their inputs

I have a Y61 GU CRDi Patrol and I am from The Philippines

I have obsereved that the airconditioning of my unit is having a hard time to cool when the engine has just started and on idle

I have previously owned both a 2007 and 2014 Y61 and this issue was not apparent

I found out in our local Nissan patrol forums that this was an error on the part of Nissan Philippines on not installing an auxilliary fan on Y61 units released 2015 - 2017 units in the Philippines with zd30 crdi engines (if ths is correct with CRDi units what the reason for this?)

I went to a Nissan dealership's service near me and queried (pardon as i am not so technical with this

from what they told me that this is the design they made locally and that the main fan has silicone inside so that when it doesn't reach the ambient temperature its running a bit slow so this explains why not enough air is being delivered to the evaporator? (any truth to this?)

i find this odd since the Philippines is a tropical country and at times when you enter the vehicle it would be scorching hot and the usual routine is to set the acu to auto or max.

by the way

1) as long as i start to drive the vehicle the ac starts to blow frigid air
    2 if the engine reaches its normal operating temp even when im parked under the sun or stuck in traffic the cooling of the AC is still perfect.
    (even if i turn the engine of for a few minutes and re start it the aircon would still be cold as soon as i turn it on)

can someone shed some light on this

thank you

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 11,241 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G’day Tim mate, welcome aboard from abroad!
    Not really sure of the Nissan specifics but if the aircon goes “frigid” cold under airflow vehicle movement then that should be easy to aftermarket 12v fan up possibly needed?
    A simple ‘argricultural’ type bushman test I’d personally try first would be standing a 240v home fan directly in front as close as possible to test before spending money on a top quality aftermarket 12v low amp high cfm version to wire in permanently?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found on hot days when in stop,start traffic, the engine temp gauge would go over half way and the sensor on the aircond would shut the ac down, but onces the temp below halfway the AC would kick back in. Nissan WAy of trying to save motor from over boiling. this only happens on 35 plus temp Days regards Alex
    97 GU Ti 4.5 on lpg , uhf icom Pro400, Garmin GPS Maps, HD-Lukas Dash Cam with gps tracking. Snorkel , I-Max 12000lb Winch , Twin rear light bracket on wheel carrier for light & uhf antenna,Draws unit, Electric Cargo barrier, HID headlights kit, LED Light Bar, 2 inch lift with HD King springs and Monroe Gas Magnum TDT 4WD Shock Absorbers, BS Dueler 697 Lt 285/75R-16 .

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    G’day Tim mate, welcome aboard from abroad!
    Not really sure of the Nissan specifics but if the aircon goes “frigid” cold under airflow vehicle movement then that should be easy to aftermarket 12v fan up possibly needed?
    A simple ‘argricultural’ type bushman test I’d personally try first would be standing a 240v home fan directly in front as close as possible to test before spending money on a top quality aftermarket 12v low amp high cfm version to wire in permanently?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    this is a great tip, much appreciated will try it out

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the older models used to have a electric fan in front of the aircon radiator . i believe nissan deleted it to save money . i have a 2011 model and it does not have the fan . i believe that the wireing is still in the harness and the mounting points for the the fan are still there . if you get a fan from an older model and fit a relay in the position allocated for it in the relay panel it should just work . there are posts about it on this site , and if you check out the manual you may me able to get it to work as it is supposed to .

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got one of those fans i just took off my gu.. not sure on the postage to the Philippines though haha

Thanks
    Thanked 6,404 Times in 2,989 Posts
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It case you had not noticed it was bloody cold today LOL

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As stated. Alot of the common rail models dont come with the condensor fan for the aircon in the engine bay

Luckily retro fitting one is easy enough