User Tag List

Thread: Gu dash help...!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gu dash help...!

I’m hoping there is a simple solution to my dilemma here...
    The previous owner has swapped all the dash backlighting with blue leds, so one has stopped working and I decided to try pull it out and see if I could fix it. While removing it the needles fell off the speedometer, tachometer and temp guages. I slipped them on and reassembled it, turned on the key and the all flipped up to read 40kmh, 1250 rpm and about half temp readings. Can’t figure out how to adjust them to zero when it’s turned on now...
    Any advice would be appreciated
    Thanks!
    GQ Wagon 4.2 carb 4inch lift of the road resting
    GU Rd28 Wagon 2 inch lift on the road now daily driver
    D22 Navara ZD30- in rehab pending being moved on.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you remove the needles when it's running and set them at zero/wherever they need to be?

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,262 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 90mav View Post
    I’m hoping there is a simple solution to my dilemma here...
    The previous owner has swapped all the dash backlighting with blue leds, so one has stopped working and I decided to try pull it out and see if I could fix it. While removing it the needles fell off the speedometer, tachometer and temp guages. I slipped them on and reassembled it, turned on the key and the all flipped up to read 40kmh, 1250 rpm and about half temp readings. Can’t figure out how to adjust them to zero when it’s turned on now...
    Any advice would be appreciated
    Thanks!
    Yeah good luck.
    From memory you can change the globes from the back of the cluster. Not sure how the needles fell off, they are on pretty tight. Yonks ago I changed my dials from Black to white and have never been able to get the fuel gauges right since.
    Take the needles off again. Plug the cluster in, with the engine cold, turn the ignition on and start the car then turn it off. Then put the needles back on and try again.

Rinse and repeat until they read correct.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Yeah good luck.
    From memory you can change the globes from the back of the cluster. Not sure how the needles fell off, they are on pretty tight. Yonks ago I changed my dials from Black to white and have never been able to get the fuel gauges right since.
    Take the needles off again. Plug the cluster in, with the engine cold, turn the ignition on and start the car then turn it off. Then put the needles back on and try again.

Rinse and repeat until they read correct.
    I did my heater/ac control as 1 blew a few years ago and what a hf it was to get it out enough to get fat fingers in to do bulb change not going back. Fumble around in the dark to find which one I want now.