User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3.0L Replacement Intercoolers

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a good question, the larger core and non-exchange basis can explain away some of the extra cost but it still leaves a lot unaccounted for. I wouldn't be trying to get one if it wasn't for a generous tax return this year. Will make sure to do a thorough post when I get the thing
    3.0L '02 GU
    - Xrox bar - 33" MT 4rib ATZs -roof console - provent 200 PCV filter - 3" Stainless Exhaust

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have the crosscountry ic and works very well. I could be wrong here but the are ic with the optional bigger scoop may be illegal in some states as the taller scoop may affect vision.
    3lt GU 111 Wagon 2 inch lift,3in Taipan exhaust, cross country intercooler,catch can,EGR blocked, dawes and needle valve,Pyro/boost gauge ARB lockers,steinbaurer chip, long range tank, s/s water tank, draws, warn winch, and other stuff.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If I got pinged for the taller scoop I'd be asking why, does not affect forward vision in any shape or form.
    May be passenger car law, like reverse mounted scoops being illegal.
    Just purchased a fully tigged IC from Diesel Smart, under $400 changover,
    Pressure tested to 60psi,
    33% bigger
    And 5 year warranty
    No alterations, very impressed, You'll know their IC as it'll have pic of my motor.
    I have no affiliation with DS.
    And totally agree with Mudski on the price of some Intercoolers.
    Try pricing some cores, You see how much your ripped off.
    Diesel Smart do a change over IC as well
    Check out an IC from an XR6 ford, will need WRX style scoop though
    $1300 plus just to have EGTs 50 degrees cooler than mine, what for that's half a diff lock LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by threedogs; 19th July 2013 at 10:59 AM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think ARE and cross country are good brands regardless of price and which ever you choose is a personal preference. what ever you choose is got to be better than Nissan's. but with ARE ic i'm not sure on the scoop. i must admit that what i have read about the scoop sounds likes a very well tested product however I know for a fact that in QLD, modifications to vehicles need a mod plate. how I found out was I changed troll into a 2 seater having storage draws full length to back of the front seats. when getting this past by a modification plate inspector he told me my long ranger fuel tank needed one as well. reason is any mods need a mod plate to legally registered, and may well do with insurance claims in the event of a accident if determined to have contributed to it.
    Last edited by june; 19th July 2013 at 07:01 PM.
    3lt GU 111 Wagon 2 inch lift,3in Taipan exhaust, cross country intercooler,catch can,EGR blocked, dawes and needle valve,Pyro/boost gauge ARB lockers,steinbaurer chip, long range tank, s/s water tank, draws, warn winch, and other stuff.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same scoop as three dogs has, does not block my vision at all
    Also does not make a huge difference anyway.
    2010 TB4.8, 5 speed auto TI Wagon, Beaudesert ceramic coated Extractors and 2 1/2 inch exhaust, 3inch lift, BP-51 shocks, Black hawk radius arms and drop boxes, Road Runner Offroad billet alloy draglink, Boss air bags, 295/70/17 KM3s, Redarc Gauges, GME XRS UHF, Autometre fuel gauge, Alpine head unit with offroad maps, Carbon winch, Opposite lock bull bar, Light Force Strikers, Safari Snorkel, Duel long range tanks, work in progress.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went with the ASE, I didn't like the CC as I don't believe that a pressure vessel should have sharp edges. I was very happy with the ASE although I guess it's hard to say categorically without an IAT gauge.
    GUIII ZD30 Manual Wagon, OME 2" lift, 33" BFG AT's, Snorkel, Chip, 3" Redback Exh, Dual Batts, etc.
    KEEP OUR TRACKS LITTER FREE!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Just an Update now I've had the new Diesel Smart IC fitted, I also have the larger scoop.
    First I drove so get some fuel figures, managed to return 12.8 around town. Now I'm driving it a bit harder
    and noticed boost was very high 15psi at 100 kph, due mainly to leaking IC not leaking now. I've reduced boost to
    10psi at 2000rpm EGTs are low and stable . Have some steep hills over our way and can floor it from the bottom and EGTs are fine.
    Happy as a pig in poo. If you after and aftermarket change over IC I would recommend Diesel Smart, change over for around $400
    gotta love that
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3.0 intercooler

Hi guys
    I have a 2001 GU. I have been told my intercooler is leaking. Is there a way I can tell for myself. My concern is weather its the intercooler or the turbo

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An introduction thread gets you better answers mate. Look for oil spray along the crimped edges also a boost gauge would help too. Being so old no doubt the factory cooler s leaking but the turbo would be close to its end too.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
    Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
    'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'
    Such is the rule of honour.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to macca86 For This Useful Post:

wayne ryan (15th August 2013)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12