Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nissan Patrol ST GU7 2010 centre console removal

Hi,
    I am trying to remove the top part of the console so that I can remove one of the blanks and insert a switch.
    I have been able to pop up 3 of the push clips, t at the back and one on the passenger side, however the drivers side where the two blanks are
    it seems to be screwed in or something. I do not want to force it as the plastic will break. Does anyone know how to get it out?
    Any advice appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jswau View Post
    Hi,
    I am trying to remove the top part of the console so that I can remove one of the blanks and insert a switch.
    I have been able to pop up 3 of the push clips, t at the back and one on the passenger side, however the drivers side where the two blanks are
    it seems to be screwed in or something. I do not want to force it as the plastic will break. Does anyone know how to get it out?
    Any advice appreciated.
    You need to remove the entire silver surround mate, one screw either side at the front and one under the ash tray, the whole thing should lift up

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have managed to get loose the silver surround off 3 clips, but something is holding near the 2 blank switches. I have tried inserting special tool to pop it out the same as others but it will not go.
    not sure if it is screwed underneath to the main console. i didn't try too hard as it started damaging the silver surround.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jswau View Post
    I have managed to get loose the silver surround off 3 clips, but something is holding near the 2 blank switches. I have tried inserting special tool to pop it out the same as others but it will not go.
    not sure if it is screwed underneath to the main console. i didn't try too hard as it started damaging the silver surround.
    please re read my above post, you need to remove the entire surround(the silver part) this will give you access to the underside of the black part. the black part is screwed internally with two screws that are only accessible from the underside.
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, I did unscrew those 3 screws and was able to lift the whole centre console enough to get to the blank and push it out, and yes there is one screw near the blanks that was holding the silver surround which would need to be undone from inside the console.
    As I had the whole console loose enough to get under, I pushed the silver surround back into its position and lifted the whole console enough to thread the wiring and insert new switch. Tight fit but eventually I did manage to insert new switch.