Thread: 2.8 GU problems

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2.8 GU problems

Hi I have a 1999 2.8 for the past 13 years have had every problem imaginable most of the problems have been caused by bad mechanical work and a couple of lack of awareness incidences by the driver (eg overheating). I have had the motor rebuilt again and apart from a little gutless which is something I will address later as it runs in. However it still blows blue smoke with the breather is connected to the inlet manifold . It does not use any oil at all and it start easily The only other changes is the EGR has been removed but the vacuum butterfly is still in stitu. I will do the first oil change today 20/50 Penrite Hope some one can shed some light of this thanks Steve
    Last edited by steve smith; 8th June 2019 at 05:28 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hello and welcome to the forum, enjoy
    Im sure youll find any answers you have here
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Thanked 13,494 Times in 6,598 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi mate, I have moved your thread to the general chat section. No point posting this in the intros as all you will get is welcomes. Welcome to the forum. Just post your threads in the Same place you would search for such a thread and it will work fine.

Have you spoken to the guy that rebuilt your engine? Why was it rebuilt? To what degree was it rebuilt? Full break down or just a head or something? If your still running it in I would definitely asking the guy who built it what his thoughts are on the blue smoke. This doesn't sound right to me at all.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that it was a complete rebuild the rebore was done by an established firm that I have every confidence in . Today I changed the oil still same problem I suspect the smoke is the turbo but is it caused by crankcase pressure not allowing the turbo to drain?