Gday,

I noticed recently the shorty exhausting a fair bit of white smoke/steam, then subsequently checked and found coolant level had dropped about 2litres since last check and there was a small amount of coolant actually leaking from a low point in the exhaust pipe...

I topped up the coolant and next day, again had to top up another few litres, so was definitely loosing coolant. During top up noticed fumes and bubbles in the radiator...

I changed the engine oil recently (this month) and condition looked good, also dip stick and visual through the oil fill cap didn’t flag any issue with the oil.

So, before jumping the gun and spending $$ on diagnostics and mechanics I thought I’d try the basics:

1. Replaced radiator cap
2. Added a bottle of k-seal, head gasket sealant to the radiator
3. Topped up the coolant again

Pretty much immediately (within minutes) I noticed that bubbling in radiator had stopped and level of coolant was holding. I also topped up the overflow coolant tank to max line once steady.

Checked again a few hours later and next morning after a cold night and issue seems to have been resolved. Or at least is now not noticeable without a fuel system leak/pressure test etc.

Now no smoke and coolant level holding firm with no bubbles.

If based on this anyone has any advice of additional work/servicing I should do let me know!

Anyone have a hunch of what it may have been? Could it be a small gap in head gasket which has now been fixed?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk