Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ZD30 CRD possible fuel starving loss of power problem with no codes

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well im 99% sure i dont have diesel leaking out of the pump. Guess i will go and get a genuine filter tomorrow and see how that goes.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well no change with a genuine filter. Started better when it was cold, but as soon as it warmed up it went to shit. Fuel tank vent seems to be clear as i can pressurize the main tank just by blowing air down the vent with just my normal lung pressure. Going to try and limp it to work tomorrow to blow out the lines and probably fit a new pressure relief valve to the rail. This is doing my head in

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 565 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pressure relief valve OK but may also need to look at fuel pump / injectors ie: do a return a return leakage.
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GDay Stump2jz,
    how'd you go with your power loss issue? I have a 2015 zd30 with the standard NADS fitted (3" exhaust, boost/egt guages, dawes and needle) as well as a DP Chip. Occaisionally I will lose power for maybe 1-2 seconds with that distictive rattley diesel sound, then power comes back. Seems to happen when cold more often than not. The Scan Guage is showing a P0089 code - Fuel Pressue Regulator. It's been doing it for so long I can't really remember when it started (before or after the mods). But, I'd love to get rid of it. A couple of times it's been more persistent, losing power all together and I 've had to back right off to reset. I'll reset the code today and monitor.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234