Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ZD30 CRD possible fuel starving loss of power problem with no codes

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Code PO123 will not clear so I Just replaced the Throttle pedal out with the old one as the same codes are coming up ,

Read a post on here somewhere showing how to clean them out , might try that ...

Pretty stumped right now , stuck onsite going nowhere , so have to try something

Got any other ideas ??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Hodge Q.Could the pressure relief show up as an intermittent problem at different revs / loads / conditions ? wouldn't it just fail ??

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,097 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R055IE View Post
    @Hodge Q.Could the pressure relief show up as an intermittent problem at different revs / loads / conditions ? wouldn't it just fail ??
    This is how mine went ...
    First time it failed and popped that code was just taking off at a set of lights then lost nearly ALL throttle, engine light came up, turned motor off then on and it was good to go, it drove fine for maybe a week, and then losing throttle at random times and motor cranking but not starting symptoms began showing up here and there and became more regular. Each time the valve code popped up, and then at later stages BOTH codes popped up.
    This is when I just took the car to nissan as i still had stat warranty and within 20 minutes they diagnosed it as a relief valve.

Don't quote me on this. But my understanding behind this valve is, once it's cherry is popped , it can still withstand pressure up to a point until it completely fails / gets worse. It leaks and it leaks internally back into the return pipe so you can't see it leaking.
    This is from what I remember the nissan "tech" explaining it to me back then... (back in 2014). Now, a lot of people consider nissan tech's knowledge with that of a fence post. But , I drove out of there with full power.

As to WHY I also got the P0123 code ( the one your getting ) at the same time * shrug * . But I never got it again since that valve was replaced. Mind you, I sold that car 4 years ago.

More importantly that this may NOT be your issue, but sometimes systems are known to have a domino effect and throw up random codes down the line...
    2005 TD42TI

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

R055IE (27th May 2019)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Hodge,

I have just drilled , cleaned out and refitted my spare TPS.

If that doesn't make it better I will head down the Pressure relief path

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update,

Didn't make any difference cleaning out the TPS, I have just removed the Boost controller and needle valve and put it back stock. has boost now and some throttle but the boost is hunting now under acceleration fluctuating between about 10 and 15 psi.

Might have to take it to an expert.....

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,097 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R055IE View Post
    Update,

Didn't make any difference cleaning out the TPS, I have just removed the Boost controller and needle valve and put it back stock. has boost now and some throttle but the boost is hunting now under acceleration fluctuating between about 10 and 15 psi.

Might have to take it to an expert.....
    Damn..not good to hear TPS cleaning didn't help.

Boost hunting or yoyo effect on zd30 crd is a factory normal effect.
    Needles and Dawes valves give it a linear smooth Boost curve.

Sent from Pixel 3a XL on Tapatalk Pro
    2005 TD42TI

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

R055IE (30th May 2019)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All ,

Another update ,

After going through the wiring schematics I traced all the earths and checked them , while checking for earths behind the drives side kick panel I noticed an extension loom between the main loom and the pedal.

After removing it and plugging the main loom directly to the pedal the problem was gone ... the PO123 fault came up again after an hour of driving but with no symptoms , maybe it was because I had had drilled the pedal and tried to clean it ?

The Ute is now at the auto elects , getting them to go through everything and fix any dodgy stufff they find , they did say that the loom extension is standard in patrols so maybe others that are having problems with there tps could try removing it also .

Going out the great central road to near the NT border on Tuesday so it needs to be on its best behaviour.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All,

FYI , The auto elec found a fault in the ground wire for sensor 1 on the accelerator pedal tps

After weeks of chasing codes and changing out unnecessary parts , it was $250 well spent , Hopefully this the end of it

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So instead of starting a new thread, i may aswel add to this one. Im having very similar issues with my 07 crd. Problems just came out of the blue for me. No build up or anything. I can eventually start mine after some areostart, priming and winding for ages. Mine threw a p0089 code a few weeks ago. So i replaced the suction control valve. No change. I have since put in a new fuel filter, new glow plugs, new fuel lines at the tank and at the filter to the ip, and replaced the primer bulb and nothing has changed. I can drive about 50m under full load, boost drops from 15psi to about 10psi and it just feels like turbo lag. then after a few minutes of driving normally, it just completely dies. I have to pull over and use areostart and prime to get it running again.

Wondering what i should be looking at next. Relief valve on the rail? Injectors? Or a lift pump? Or should i bypass the fuel filter for a moment to see if it will start? Non genuine fuel filter, just an sca one as ive never has issues with them before. Feels like air in the system to me but any other advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 565 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stump2jz View Post
    So instead of starting a new thread, i may aswel add to this one. Im having very similar issues with my 07 crd. Problems just came out of the blue for me. No build up or anything. I can eventually start mine after some areostart, priming and winding for ages. Mine threw a p0089 code a few weeks ago. So i replaced the suction control valve. No change. I have since put in a new fuel filter, new glow plugs, new fuel lines at the tank and at the filter to the ip, and replaced the primer bulb and nothing has changed. I can drive about 50m under full load, boost drops from 15psi to about 10psi and it just feels like turbo lag. then after a few minutes of driving normally, it just completely dies. I have to pull over and use areostart and prime to get it running again.

Wondering what i should be looking at next. Relief valve on the rail? Injectors? Or a lift pump? Or should i bypass the fuel filter for a moment to see if it will start? Non genuine fuel filter, just an sca one as ive never has issues with them before. Feels like air in the system to me but any other advice is greatly appreciated.
    Firstly, CRD do not handle fuel delivery restriction too well so IMO only use Genuine fuel filters.
    Based on my experience: 12 months so ago, I experience code P0089 under full pedal and only happened twice (pwr only dropped away momentarily). Then shortly after noticed diesel leaking from fuel pump (over o/s of housing side plate), and needed a rebuild but was advised to install new pump. Installed no further problems.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast