Thread: TB48 turbo kit

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TB48 turbo kit

Hi guys...
    I’ve seen a few turbo kits for sale for the TB48 and I’m sorely tempted to make my beastie a bit more ‘fun’.
    Unfortunately I have several problems... first one is it’s an auto, second one is I’m in the UK and nobody here knows what a TB48 is - as far as I’m aware mine is the only one in the UK. Third one is it is LPG converted.
    So, clever people of the land down under... given the three above problems, am I dreaming? Should I forget all this nonsense?
    I don’t want anything record breaking, just something that will allow me to beat grannies in their ford fiestas away from the lights.
    If I bought and fitted a kit, what else would I need to do? Have read that changes need to be made to the fuel supply etc. Is it even possible with lpg? Would the auto cope as standard if I’m gentle (ish).
    Thanks in advance for the sensible answers, but if I’ve asked stupid questions, I apologise, but like I said, there’s nobody to talk to about it here in the UK. Anyone I’ve asked says TB what? Or a straight “haven’t got a clue!”
    Cheers
    Nick

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Nick
    Welcome to the forum
    Doing something like this in a country where you may not have the resources or places to take ot to can be a little difficult. Especially if its something youre not mechanically minded and have to do a drive in drive out package where smeone does it for you.

Teres plenty of info for this sort of stuff o facebook too if youngo to the tb48 turbo pages.

I dont know what the tb48 turbo kit consists of but you will need the turbo , manifold, bigger fuel pump, possibly bigger injectors, a cooler, and the thing you'll hve to find out is if the standard ecu can be remapped or flashed to suit your turbo application or will you need a stand alone ecu to run it?

Things can add up pretty quickly.

In regards to the lpg saga im not really sure what the go is with that but i would be looking t just run it on normal fuel.

The arabs get good power out of these engines but they have sme serious and extensive work dont to theres which i dnt concider beingna great example of what to do as its not realistic as the rigs they build are worth the price of a house.

The auto that you have , do you knownif it is an re4 or an re5?
    The re4 is a 4 speed and the re5 is a 5 speed.

The re4 is known to be a better tranny which is what i use in my rig.

You can beef them up but like insaid earlier dependsnon how much you want tonthrow at her...

More info would be good

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Baby Daddy For This Useful Post:

alterastro (17th May 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Nick,

No idea about the LPG thingy, but take a look at this page to see the sort of things that can be done . Also pay real attention to the part that states that everything after the Stage 1 kit is for Manual Transmission. http://mohammadbinsulayem.weebly.com...turbo-kit.html
    Steve
    2011 Patrol Safari 4.8 (Fitek)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulbous For This Useful Post:

alterastro (17th May 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys

I think I may be dreaming then. Was hoping a kit would be pretty complete and straightforward to fit, but if ecu's and fuel pumps etc are needed I guess it's pretty much a non-starter when there's nowhere within 3000 miles that has a clue what I'd be asking for! :-(
    The LPG and the fact that it has the RE5 puts the final nail in the coffin. I'm so jealous... I'm going to come live in Australia!

Thanks again

Nick

Thanks
    Thanked 6,868 Times in 3,667 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Nick, don't give up just yet!
    Have a look at this Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/931665826914134/
    It's a Tb patrol turbo page. There's lots of info and I reckon it's worth asking the same question there.

(Sorry to guide him away andy!)

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
    Hello from Under Down Under!