Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3.0 litre Fuel Injector Pump

G'day guys/girls,

First time on here.

Recently my 2002 ST 3.0 Y61 turbo diesel Patrol Wagon that Ive owned since new wouldn't start. I had plenty of crank, but no fire. The old girl wouldn't even roll start.

Anyway I had the vehicle towed to a mechanic and they diagnose the problem as being a Fuel injector Pump. $4150 fitted which on shopping around was a reasonable price. I decided to get the work done by a pro as I didn't want to make things worse, i.e. put timing out.

The mechanic rang today and said the vehicle was ready. However he asked if I had the head off or changed the timing chain, I said no. Ive owned it since new, its been always serviced, only done 160k kilometres. The only thing done if blocking of the EGR and a daws valve kit fitted. The mechanic than went on the say that the engine timing was out. The car was running beautiful before the incident and not rough as I imagine it would if the timing was out.
    I believe the only way the timing could be out is if the mechanic accidentally moved the timing gear on removal of the fuel injector pump.

I would love advice and or opinions from other Patrol lovers that have more knowledge on this subject than me.

Kind regards, Deano

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement