Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need all the help I can get to fix my brake pull

Nissan Patrol 160 2door.

Since I bought this truck, I've had a few days where my brake was working properly. Many problems were fixed.

But now, it seems that no matter what I do, it can't be fixed. It pulls lightly to the driver side when braking. ( I think the passenger side is weak)

Let me list all the things I've done:

Check and cleaned all the brake disks and drums. No grease or contamination.

Replaced all the brake pads and shoes (that was a while back); double checked for contamination very recently.

ZERO play in suspension; all components are in perfect shape.

Flushed brake fluid.

Lubricated all the caliper pins

Replaced the brake hose for the side that I thought was weak.

Bled all the system multiple times. Pedal feels solid.

Adjusted rear drum brakes perfectly.

Did an alignment.

Balanced my tires.

Tire pressure is good.

Swapped the front tires left and right.

I don't think much left to check. Maybe master cylinder or front proportioning?

Here's some other info:

Brake fluid comes out with pressure from every tire. No leaks in caliper or rear cylinders. Caliper cylinders move back inside smoothly. Brake pads wear evenly. Brake pedals feels smooth and solid. Braking power is good. Rear brakes don't lock up before the fronts do. When lightly braking there's no pull, when braking so hard that the tires lock up, there's no pull also. Only when braking mildly or a bit heavily there's pull.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,647 Times in 2,645 Posts
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unsure where you live, but I would expect the car to drift to the left if you drive on the LH side of the road, allowing for the slight camber that is put on the road to shed water. If you drive on the RH side, then yes, you have a problem. The 160 is a drum brake vehicle?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Unsure where you live, but I would expect the car to drift to the left if you drive on the LH side of the road, allowing for the slight camber that is put on the road to shed water. If you drive on the RH side, then yes, you have a problem. The 160 is a drum brake vehicle?
    We drive on the RH side of the road in here. It has drum brakes on the back and disk brakes on the front. It's a very slight pull as I said. It used to be heavy but since I replaced the brake hose and lubricated caliper pins it got way better but the pull is still there. Its only from mild to heavy braking that it becomes noticable which if I hold the steering wheel it will stop straight. But when you brake so hard as to lock the tires it goes straight and if lightly braking it goes straight too.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have you checked your shock absorbers , they can affect braking if worn . maybe pull both front shockies off and check them , if they seem ok swap sides and see how it goes . it would probable by a good idea to check the rears also .