Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Removing aftermarket petrol tank from a dual fuel GQ TB42efi

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has tried to remove the aftermarket petrol tank from a dual fuel GQ TB42efi by going underneath, without a hoist? Is it possible to get it out and back in with all the hoses without raising it? The tank sits just in front of the back diff and I need to get change the fuel pump. Cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,675 Posts
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is totally possible to remove and replace without a hoist, but its a bum in a bucket fit and fiddly as hell. I have done it and won't do it again. Vert character building is perhaps a good description. Don't remove any of the fuel filler assy that goes from the panel door to the tank if you can as I can guarantee you will struggle getting it aligned again.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    It is totally possible to remove and replace without a hoist, but its a bum in a bucket fit and fiddly as hell. I have done it and won't do it again. Vert character building is perhaps a good description. Don't remove any of the fuel filler assy that goes from the panel door to the tank if you can as I can guarantee you will struggle getting it aligned again.
    Thanks. You confirmed my thoughts. I had a bit of a go undoing a couple of bolts this afternoon then gave up. Seems like all the converted Patrols had that type of tank fitted to replace the rear stock one once LPG was fitted. The U clamp to one side is awfully close the diff and not easy to undo the nuts.
    Last edited by aflman; 25th April 2019 at 08:27 PM.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,675 Posts
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aflman View Post
    Thanks. You confirmed my thoughts. I had a bit of a go undoing a couple of bolts this afternoon then gave up. Seems like all the converted Patrols had that type of tank fitted to replace the rear stock one once LPG was fitted. The U clamp to one side is awfully close the diff and not easy to undo the nuts.
    This is a new form of FUN, enjoy!!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,917 Times in 2,750 Posts
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah fair pain in the butt job but toatally doable. Have a freeling Brown Davis ones are moreso challenging than LRA ones a bit bigger and even more crazy tight in there. . .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk