Thread: Flare kit mounting

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flare kit mounting

I’ve got a set of factory flares I want to install but don’t know what clips to use to fit them.

I see a wide range on eBay as I’m a bit scared to go to Nissan, I don’t want to mortgage the house for $5 worth of plastic clips. Any advice welcome.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,263 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wea View Post
    I’ve got a set of factory flares I want to install but don’t know what clips to use to fit them.

I see a wide range on eBay as I’m a bit scared to go to Nissan, I don’t want to mortgage the house for $5 worth of plastic clips. Any advice welcome.
    Buy the kits of eBay. Nissan dont sell a kit, these are made up from the sellers who have to buy each clip in multiples from Nissan. Should be around $30ish per flare to do.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You can go to Nissan and they will show you the exploded diagram for your model and sell you the right ones. They are cheap and easy. They will even print off the exploded diagram for you.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The other thing to keep in mind is the rubber seal that goes between the body and the flare. If you don't have those, you'll need to source them too.
    I bought a non-genuine clip set and genuine Nissan rubber seal from patrolapart to repair my passenger door flare on the driver's side.