Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: donot call on mobile phone warning

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

donot call on mobile phone warning

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a reminder to everyone: Mobile phone numbers going public next month!

This is for Australian phone numbers

REMEMBER: Mobile Phone Numbers Go Public next month.

REMINDER: all mobile phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sale calls.

YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS

Below is a link where you can enter your phone numbers online to put an end to telemarketing calls.
    Don't just delete those calls otherwise you will find that you have been signed up for all sorts of extra services that you didn't want or know about. Like special chimes, music etc.

The link below is the link you need to register your mobile number to stop the calls from happening...this is an Australian Government site so it is genuine....

https://www.donotcall.gov.au/

PASS THIS ON TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN

just been sent this hope you find it usefull
    2007 GU 6 /ST-L / MYO8 / DIESEL/AUTO /MOONSTONE /pro vent 200
    OH LEATHER IS NICE

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to my third 256 For This Useful Post:

Finly Owner (4th June 2011), nowoolies (4th June 2011), patch697 (4th June 2011), the ferret (4th June 2011), wildgu6 (6th June 2011), Woof (4th June 2011), YNOT (4th June 2011)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know they have a job 2 do but i hate telemarketers, thanks for the heads up mate
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much for that, just did all our phones and fax. They are a PITA.

Worries me the YOU WILL BE CHGARGED bit, what is our governments doing allowing stuff like this to happen.

Gives these mongrels a licence to print money for no reason.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    all done phones and fax
    thanks for the heads up Macca
    HELL NO !!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by my third View Post
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a reminder to everyone: Mobile phone numbers going public next month!

This is for Australian phone numbers

REMEMBER: Mobile Phone Numbers Go Public next month.

REMINDER: all mobile phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sale calls.

YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS

Below is a link where you can enter your phone numbers online to put an end to telemarketing calls.
    Don't just delete those calls otherwise you will find that you have been signed up for all sorts of extra services that you didn't want or know about. Like special chimes, music etc.

The link below is the link you need to register your mobile number to stop the calls from happening...this is an Australian Government site so it is genuine....

https://www.donotcall.gov.au/

PASS THIS ON TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN

just been sent this hope you find it usefull
    Hi Guys, just to let you all know, this warning is actually a hoax, although the website is very real and can ve trusted. Yhis warning has been circulating for quite a few years, starting in the U.S. then the U.K and I first saw it over here about 6 years ago............. all being circulated via email........ so maybe there's some sort of trojan or tracking cookie attached to the email itself.

Any way, no harm done on here and if you don't want those telemarketing calls, you may want to register your home numbers on that website.............. personally I just pick up the phone, put it on speaker phone, wai for them to say something, then I ask them to hold on one moment, I'll go off and do and do something whilst listening to them going "Helloo Helllooooooo, anyone there" and I'll wait for them to hang up.
    Or the other thing I llike to do, is to lead them to believe I'm reallyy interested in wanting what theyre selling but then say NoThanks, right at then end

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clunk71 View Post
    Hi Guys, just to let you all know, this warning is actually a hoax, although the website is very real and can ve trusted. Yhis warning has been circulating for quite a few years, starting in the U.S. then the U.K and I first saw it over here about 6 years ago............. all being circulated via email........ so maybe there's some sort of trojan or tracking cookie attached to the email itself.

Any way, no harm done on here and if you don't want those telemarketing calls, you may want to register your home numbers on that website.............. personally I just pick up the phone, put it on speaker phone, wai for them to say something, then I ask them to hold on one moment, I'll go off and do and do something whilst listening to them going "Helloo Helllooooooo, anyone there" and I'll wait for them to hang up.
    Or the other thing I llike to do, is to lead them to believe I'm reallyy interested in wanting what theyre selling but then say NoThanks, right at then end
    please change your avitar as a person with epelepsie it is very disrtressing to me and sends me into a slight gonvoltion
    thanks for that i hope it does not offend you
    thanks stephen
    2007 GU 6 /ST-L / MYO8 / DIESEL/AUTO /MOONSTONE /pro vent 200
    OH LEATHER IS NICE

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I answer with "Hello........hello.......hello there's noone there" and they're goin hello can you hear me? And I go hello and they think I can hear them so they start up then I say hello and then they normally hang up. Had one persistent Indian telling me I could hear him so I'm saying no I can't he finally got the sh1ts up and hung up but he was gettin pretty agro an inwas just laughing goin but I can't hear you hahahahahahahahahahaha I love it when they ring

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by my third View Post
    please change your avitar as a person with epelepsie it is very disrtressing to me and sends me into a slight gonvoltion
    thanks for that i hope it does not offend you
    thanks stephen

hahahaha no offence taken mate and certainly no harm done mate.

here's some info on the hoax http://www.hoax-slayer.com/do-not-call-register.shtml
    Last edited by Clunk; 4th June 2011 at 10:49 AM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh well got me to register though hahahahahaha
    HELL NO !!!!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best I have manager is 37 minutes and they didnt ask me a question.... :P

GU IV Patrol
    NADS, 3" Lift, Snorkel, Steel BB, Kaymar Rear Dual Wheel Carrier, Drawers,Cargo Barrier, 33" Muddies, Tipple Batteries, 60 Ltr Fridge to keep my Beer cold and more Ocky straps than any human being would ever need.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kingy For This Useful Post:

damianovdd (5th June 2011), Finly Owner (4th June 2011), fixer982 (5th June 2011), Woof (4th June 2011)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast