Thread: 3.0 td engine performance part

Hybrid View

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A.)If I block the egr, will it give me any fault display in the dashboard? Will I be able to clear the fault with the bluetooth dongle?
    B.) Do I have to disable the swirl valve after egr block or is it optional? Can't find any 'how to' on internet

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,365 Times in 777 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai-san View Post
    A.)If I block the egr, will it give me any fault display in the dashboard? Will I be able to clear the fault with the bluetooth dongle?
    B.) Do I have to disable the swirl valve after egr block or is it optional? Can't find any 'how to' on internet
    Yep, you can clear the EGR 0401 code with the bluetooth dongle & app. That app can also display lots of info frokm the ECU such as boost, engine temp, engine load. I have mine setup so I can see engine temp, revs & load. I have gauges for boost & EGTs.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 565 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai-san View Post
    A.)If I block the egr, will it give me any fault display in the dashboard?
    EGR _ Stock ECU with EGR blocked will bring on (illuminate) the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL), or check engine light. With ECU remap the EGR can be turned off(no MIL for this). Also after a few weeks the ECU can learn and MIL may only come on occasionally. MIL can stay on as does not cause harm or lack of performance but just annoying.

Disable Swirl Valve _ Have not done it myself to date (CRD/remap ECU). With remap understand it is not required, need to question this further. People do it for CRD but not essential at all .
    To disable, need to close off vacuum supply to swirl valve or unplug electrical connector at swirl valve and place a 330ohm 1 watt carbon film resistor (Jaycar part number RR2762/2 pack) across the terminal points in plug and tape up to prevent moisture ingress. Throttle plate remains open(more air low down). Swirl valve located drivers side of eng just above EGR radiator assy.

Bought resistor myself to try out, was going to do mod a couple of days ago while changing fuel filter out, but could not get to it as I run a large JT intercooler and needs to come off (maybe over Easter when most are up the bush)...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job