Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dual Fual GU Patrol "limited" to 2500RPM on petrol

Hi all,

I'm in the process of purchasing a 98 GU Patrol from my parents which runs on LPG/petrol. It runs perfectly on LPG, however on petrol its as though its limited to 2500RPM, even with your foot to the floor.

We've replaced the fuel filter, drained the lines, and replaced the spark plugs. Fuel pump is working fine.

Does anyone have any experience with this or any idea what it could be? In the past couple of years it has been run almost exclusively on LPG so I'm not sure when the problem started.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try the timing, get a good balance between both fuels.

Replace fuel pump as it might be fine , but on it's way out regards Alex
    Last edited by altech; 2nd April 2019 at 03:54 PM.
    97 GU Ti 4.5 on lpg , uhf icom Pro400, Garmin GPS Maps, HD-Lukas Dash Cam with gps tracking. Snorkel , I-Max 12000lb Winch , Twin rear light bracket on wheel carrier for light & uhf antenna,Draws unit, Electric Cargo barrier, HID headlights kit, LED Light Bar, 2 inch lift with HD King springs and Monroe Gas Magnum TDT 4WD Shock Absorbers, BS Dueler 697 Lt 285/75R-16 .

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,320 Times in 754 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had an AU falcon with dual fuel, in the end the only thing I learnt was that it only ever ran well on one fuel. If you wanted it to run well on the other, I had to retune it for the other.

When did it last run well on petrol? Has anything changed since then? Could some crap have been picked up from the petrol tank and blocking it in the tank?

Good luck.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10G View Post
    I had an AU falcon with dual fuel, in the end the only thing I learnt was that it only ever ran well on one fuel. If you wanted it to run well on the other, I had to retune it for the other.

When did it last run well on petrol? Has anything changed since then? Could some crap have been picked up from the petrol tank and blocking it in the tank?

Good luck.
    when I got the fuel pump replaced, when switching one to the other , No change when car driving down the road regards Alex
    Last edited by altech; 2nd April 2019 at 03:55 PM.
    97 GU Ti 4.5 on lpg , uhf icom Pro400, Garmin GPS Maps, HD-Lukas Dash Cam with gps tracking. Snorkel , I-Max 12000lb Winch , Twin rear light bracket on wheel carrier for light & uhf antenna,Draws unit, Electric Cargo barrier, HID headlights kit, LED Light Bar, 2 inch lift with HD King springs and Monroe Gas Magnum TDT 4WD Shock Absorbers, BS Dueler 697 Lt 285/75R-16 .

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahh07 View Post
    Hi all,

I'm in the process of purchasing a 98 GU Patrol from my parents which runs on LPG/petrol. It runs perfectly on LPG, however on petrol its as though its limited to 2500RPM, even with your foot to the floor.

We've replaced the fuel filter, drained the lines, and replaced the spark plugs. Fuel pump is working fine.

Does anyone have any experience with this or any idea what it could be? In the past couple of years it has been run almost exclusively on LPG so I'm not sure when the problem started.
    Had the same issue with my GQ when I bought it.
    Would run on petrol, but rev to only 2500 and no power.
    FUel pump was running - and sounded like it was "working fine". Wasn't until I put a pressure gauge on the supply that I realised it was putting out very little pressure.
    Needs to be 40psi at fuel rail.
    Replaced pump and problem solved.
    IMG_1004.JPG
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    Best way to deal with a "Can't" is to chop off the "t" and brew it in boiled water for a few minutes.
    Sip on the "t", and consider what you've got left to work with