Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    'Ken what!
    ... prolly someone ran over an Everest in a '62 and scratched the Cats
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

mudski (2nd April 2019)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Ken what!
    LOL! Don't worry, it only took one test drive of the 'Trol to convince the Mrs. She's far from a soft cock driver, but since I drive a work supplied car, this will be her daily driver (hence wanting to avoid a DPF'd diesel with the short trips it does most days) and she was concerned about size ... (Yeah, I went there ...)

She currently drives a 2013 Pajero that's lifted with 3", upgraded intercooler, engine tune, bullbar etc, so she's not scared of rough 4WDs. Given we have a toddler, I eliminated most other 4WDs down to just the top two contenders for what we need, and they were Everest out of the smaller bodied ones, and Patrol over LC200. Luckily one trip to the car yard and a drive of both and she's absolutely sold on the Y62. Only problem is she now wants the blingy Ti-L which adds grief trying to choose a bulbar and stuff due to the extra sensors! 😩 It's a tough life but someones gotta make the sacrifices some times. 😁

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maximage For This Useful Post:

04OFF (2nd April 2019), mudski (2nd April 2019), Plasnart (2nd April 2019)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,261 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximage View Post
    LOL! Don't worry, it only took one test drive of the 'Trol to convince the Mrs. She's far from a soft cock driver, but since I drive a work supplied car, this will be her daily driver (hence wanting to avoid a DPF'd diesel with the short trips it does most days) and she was concerned about size ... (Yeah, I went there ...)

She currently drives a 2013 Pajero that's lifted with 3", upgraded intercooler, engine tune, bullbar etc, so she's not scared of rough 4WDs. Given we have a toddler, I eliminated most other 4WDs down to just the top two contenders for what we need, and they were Everest out of the smaller bodied ones, and Patrol over LC200. Luckily one trip to the car yard and a drive of both and she's absolutely sold on the Y62. Only problem is she now wants the blingy Ti-L which adds grief trying to choose a bulbar and stuff due to the extra sensors! 😩 It's a tough life but someones gotta make the sacrifices some times. 😁
    All good. I just never thought I'd ever see those two vehicles used in a comparison.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximage View Post

She currently drives a 2013 Pajero that's lifted with 3", upgraded intercooler, engine tune, bullbar etc, so she's not scared of rough 4WDs. Given we have a toddler, I eliminated most other 4WDs down to just the top two contenders for what we need, and they were Everest out of the smaller bodied ones, and Patrol over LC200. Luckily one trip to the car yard and a drive of both and she's absolutely sold on the Y62. Only problem is she now wants the blingy Ti-L which adds grief trying to choose a bulbar and stuff due to the extra sensors! �� It's a tough life but someones gotta make the sacrifices some times. ��

LOL , yeh so why would you expect her to have to reach up to close the tailgate, when in the L she can just press a button

Not to mention heated seats.......mmmm
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All good. I just never thought I'd ever see those two vehicles used in a comparison.
    Neither would I ... Mainly coz the Everest suited us the best in all the ones a similar size to the Pajero ... and the 'Trol suited us best full stop ... didn't think she go for the Patrol but clearly she's smarter than I give her credit for some times. 😁

Quote Originally Posted by 04OFF View Post
    LOL , yeh so why would you expect her to have to reach up to close the tailgate, when in the L she can just press a button

Not to mention heated seats.......mmmm
    I must admit, we currently have heated seats and have used em heaps more than I expected, especially after a cold morning mountain bike ride or similar.

One concern I have with the powered tail gate is it hitting the garage door because it will. It may mean an adjustment to loading the car and backing int out slightly first if opening the boot.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Maximage For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (3rd April 2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12