Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • I just keep driving

10 10.75%
  • Turn around, check on the animal and pouch and put it out of its misery

71 76.34%
  • Keep driving but ring wildlife care

0 0%
  • Turn around and check on it but dont have the heart to kill it usually so ring Wildlife care

12 12.90%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: What do you do when you run over wildlife?

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,653 Times in 591 Posts
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ran over a very large Western Taipan one trip out near Georgetown. Felt like driving over a 6" water pipe. Anyway, I stopped 50 meters down the road and very cautiously walked back when the dust had cleared, with the .22 in hand. Couldn't see it anywhere. The grass on the verge was reasonably short, but I made the assumption it had bolted into the grass in the direction it was originally travelling, and was closer to. I was getting closer to the area where I thought it had been when my mate yelled out that it was coming out of the grass behind me (other side of the road). Got the fright of my life! It was pissed off big time and ready to have a go. I decided it was fine to continue with life and backed off rather hastily. No shots fired…and probably wouldn't have been able to hit a thing the way my heart was going.

Stopping to check on snakes (or wombats, roo's, etc.) can be a hazardous business.
    Between Patrols ATM. Had a beaut GU with 6.5 Chev TD. Next is a GU ute with a 4.5 litre Cummins conversion and a camper on the back.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FNQGU For This Useful Post:

threedogs (30th November 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Most times when you run over snakes they get hooked up in your running gear under the car/4x4.
    Was a passenger in a ute heading back to Alice when a large king brown wiggled in front of us.
    The driver being a local stomped on the brakes and cut snake in 2. he jumped out of the drivers
    side to whack it on the head with a shovel when the front half started to attack him lmfao big time
    safe inside the cabin.

BeK similar thing happened at cape York with a13ft python in the night, mate was
    looking for it with a 4/10 when we turned the lights off RLMARO big time, still chuckle now. snake lived mate shat lol
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789