Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • I just keep driving

10 10.75%
  • Turn around, check on the animal and pouch and put it out of its misery

71 76.34%
  • Keep driving but ring wildlife care

0 0%
  • Turn around and check on it but dont have the heart to kill it usually so ring Wildlife care

12 12.90%

Thread: What do you do when you run over wildlife?

Threaded View

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You all would be proud. Heading into Logan Village last Wednesday night approx 7:30pm, and passed a huge snake coiled on other side of road. Did a Uey, went back and pulled half of road just beforecrest of hil, protectingsnake. Turned on flashing roof light and hazards. Wentto check what sortof snake and injuies. Found a Carpet Snake as thick as my forearm, uninjured trying to strike passing vehicles. Went back to ute, got the ladder rack, and flicked (her) into the grass.

Anyway, I take off go down the road a bit to chuck another uey, and head back to Logan Village, when blow me down, there's a smaller snake on the road. So I pull over again, protecting the snake with the ute. Hop out and check for injuries, by touching him with the rack and he takes off into the grass.

Feeling good, chuck my uey, head to original destination, looking for more snakes, there and back . Good news, still haven't sen any skittled snake in that section so far. Oh yeah, the 2nd one was aamller carpet snake.

Tim
    Getting Older Is Unavoidable, Growing Up Is Optional!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Finly Owner For This Useful Post:

AB (5th March 2012)