OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: Is this the end for Ateco an other events?

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this the end for Ateco an other events?

Seen this on Patrol4x4 ,

Save our sport

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE REFER TO LETTER BELOW.
    I strongly urge you all if at all possible to attend next weeks CCDA Meeting (Wed 28th July)
    This is a major issue that will not only affect the ateco but all future 4wd motorsport. (as well as numerous other forms of motorsport especially motorbikes and gocarts.)
    We need to save our sport so you need to come to this CCDA Meeting so we can formulate a plan of attack.
    Especially if you are or know a lawyer or someing within that community who can better advise us of our best form of attack. Please let any friends in other forms of motorsport know that this happening. If it hasn't affected them already it soon will.
    WE NEED TO ACT NOW SO WE DON'T LOOSE ALL 4WD MOTORSPORT IN VICTORIA.
    Please let us know if you can attend the next CCDA meeting by replying to this post. Texting 0427209885 or email to steve.schafer@bigpond.com.au. If we have enough interest we may need to find a venue large enough to accomodate everyone. Aslso we will organise a fundraiser sausage sizzle $2-/ sausage in bread to help Daniel Hose who was seriously injured at this years "Cliffhanger" event.
    PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS LIGHTLY. THIS IS OUR SPORT, OUR COUNTRY AND OUR LAND, LET'S TAKE IT BACK.
    WE NEED TO ACT NOW so please come to the next CCDA meeting and show your support, it is imperitive to be able to keep the sport alive.
    THANK YOU STEVE
    CCDA VP

Hello Folks,
    Sad news! We have been denied a permit for Bindaree even though we applied for it months ago.
    There is legislation that prohibits motor racing on farm land and when you look into the definition of motor racing it includes all motorised transport where there are vehicles competing. This legislation has been around since 2006 but we have had permits from Shires because they don’t believe the intent of the legislation was to stop 4WD’ers testing their skills on private property one weekend per year in each Shire.
    The Baw Baw Shire has decided to follow the letter of the law and whilst we must get permits from two departments we are dependant on their Planning department firstly approving the event then the building Dept will consider giving us a permit for the “gathering”. The latter is tedious but achievable.
    We have contact the Planning Minister for dispensation but that’s not going to happen overnight so we must postpone the Ateco.
    We will need to apply political pressure on the Minister (Justin Madden) to get a favourable result and that means we will all have to put in. We will also need to engage a professional lobbyist/lawyer who has the skills to negotiate a favourable outcome for us. If we don’t put the effort in now there will be no more 4WD events on farmland in Vic. ever!
    It affects trail bike riders as well as any vehicle club activity like Austin 7’s.
    My email to the Minister was followed up with a phone call but I could not get past his PA. We will need to exploit every avenue and I will try and help you with ways that you can help.
    I will also try and finalise the results for the Polaris 4x4 Challenge tonight.
    Regards,
    Mike Smith
    CCDA MARSHALL TRAINER

I've been to Ateco several years in a row now as a spectator ,it's a great event which is well organised an makes for a entertaining weekend out .
    We've already lost the Alpine challenge .
    It would be sad to see the end of this of event too.
    90 maverick LWB 2" lift,General Grabber a/t
    92 Coil Cab 3" lift, kl71 33"s n/a td42

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this will become a major problem unless there is a loop hole in the law, I'm just wondering is this a by law of that particular council or a state law??

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats a huge shame. Where abouts is the CCDA Meeting held?
    Anyone know this?

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They had one last year at the HV Jones Pavilion on Kingston Road, Ferntree Gully in Victoria but I'm not sure if they regulary have them there or not Danny.