Thread: Shorted indicator lights, they dont work but fuse is ok

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shorted indicator lights, they dont work but fuse is ok

Hello, today i was checking which port at which connector goes to tail indicator lights in my 1998 y61and as i was doing that i shorted the indicator circuit at the connector B37 under driver (this is lhd EU patrol and the connector connects the body and chassis electricity). This should blow the 10A hazard fuse near the battery, right? But it didnt, the fuse is ok inspected both visually and by resistance.

The circuit is nowabsolutely dead, before at least the front blinkers + dash lights worked, now theres no activity at all when i turn left or right blinker on.
    The blinker ports at the b37 connector now show they are shorted to the "ground" when i measure resistance with multimeter.

So wth happened and how do i repair it? My theory is the cables being 20yo and weak burned somewhere before the fuse did. But they would have to burn in such way that the ground and hazards wire got fused together - hence the near zero resistance reading between them. Does this mean i now have to check the whole cabelage of hazard wires in car body and search for the breach? (((

Oh why did have to be so stupid to connect those ports aaaargh. Headlights, taillights and brake lights work fine if thats of any significance.

Thanks to anyone willing and able to help with this

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the thing was rhe duse at the battery is only for hazard lights. For turn signal theres differen fuse under steering wheel and this one blew

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kamen For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (23rd March 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Good to hear it was only a quick fix, congrats
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there