Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
I have the BOSS airbags that work between the axle and chassis rail, eliminating the tower stress issues to a large degree. They are the triple bag units and suited for lifts up to 4". They are used as levelling on a heavily laden vehicle. I rate them a better solution tan the airbags simply because they don't put more stress into the spring mounts. If you elect to the airbags inside the springs you should be installing spring mount stiffening, either bolt in or weld in. I have the firestone airbags inside the springs and welded kit for the spring towers, however I don't use these anymore, just the Boss Units. Boss units don't require removal of the springs to fit either. I would say the Boss Airbags give a softer ride for the same lift as an in-coil airbag because the in-coil airbags expand into the compression zone between the coils and stiffen the rise up, along with the air pressure of course. If you want to run high pressures, purchase the kevlar sleeves as well, they allow higher pressure and also protect the airbag from friction wear and puncture.
Looking at these currently Phil with the impending new camper. Seems a no brainer to me instead of bracing the towers and putting bags in the springs. They're just bolt in?

No legal issues you're aware of? I called my insurance folk and (after having no idea and putting me on hold to check) she said she could add them to the policy with no underwriting conditions. I guess that means they're not a problem..