Thread: VIDEO: Otways 4WD & Camping Weekender

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissanGQ4.2 View Post
    Your reply is there now, it went into moderation due 2 you being a newish member and including in your post an email link which our anti spam program filters out and classifies it as spam until a moderator or admin approves your post. Sometime us mods and admin can be very slack at doing our job
    Haha all good mate, thanks for letting me know

2. The Following User Says Thank You to aidanmair For This Useful Post:

NissanGQ4.2 (9th May 2019)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,880 Times in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome Vid, went 2 subscribe 2 your channel but ever time I go 2 subscribe or log into youtube is comes up with a NSW Department of Education login page..... anyone know what the go is with that?
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aidanmair View Post
    Haha all good mate, thanks for letting me know
    Just noticed your join date... so not newish member but believe it works on post counts so after a few more post links and email addys it won't affect you anymore

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,577 Times in 911 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aidanmair View Post
    Hey lucas, I tried to reply to this ages ago but it never went through sorry! Glad you like the videos. As much as I'm stoked that you've asked me to film, between working full time and building up my own YouTube channel I really don't have time to take on another project.
    All good mate no worries
    Lucus30's 1999 GU ST TB45E

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome Vid, went 2 subscribe 2 your channel but ever time I go 2 subscribe or log into youtube is comes up with a NSW Department of Education login page..... anyone know what the go is with that?
    Haha never heard that one before! Not sure what the work around is for that, maybe try on another device? Thanks for trying to subscribe anyway!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Could be sure to some software I gave you? Lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty_nail View Post
    Could be sure to some software I gave you? Lol

Hey @rusty_nail, can you try it for me? Nah nothing 2 do with your lappies

Even if I go to utube and select log in it takes me to the same login page!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey @rusty_nail, can you try it for me? Nah nothing 2 do with your lappies

Even if I go to utube and select log in it takes me to the same login page!
    Try a different browser. Either that or I have given you a DEC flash player

I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Good Vid mate. There are a couple of those tracks you simply would not even look at after a sprinkle. Cowley Link can get very very tough fast. Curtis in one of the harder tracks in the Otways for "On Map" stuff. About 10 years ago i got to the gate at the top of Curtis track as the sky opened and dumped a big rain. i noted that there was some fresh tracks heading in. The tyre tracks where muddies and there was a couple of sets. I was in my GQ with 35 Simexs and twin lockers and Himount. I was meeting someone at that gate with the intension of doing the track. When they arrive late after winching for a couple of hours they had no interest in heading into Curtis in the rain. It was Belting Down. Not rain, hard core wet.!!

We had an chat at the gate and i pointed out the fresh tracks and suggested that whoever that was was in trouble, they where never going to get out the other side with the tyres they were running so we headed in on what i expected to be a recovery mission. I had my wife and 3yo son in my GQ and headed in with 2 other cars.

When we got to the bottom we crossed the river and started heading out. about the second bog hole was where we found the first car. The bloke was on a Tifir going for his life. . I said G'day and we had a chat. he ask what i was doing there and i told him i came to get him cause i knew he was in trouble. Turns out there where 3 cars, all young blokes in utes. driving the straightest route on the map to Wye River.....

Did i mention it was Pouring with Rain!!

So i drove around all 3 cars and poked my head up the steep side. I hooked the lead car on and had a go at dragging him out the steep side but it gets bloody steep over the tree roots near the top and my balls where not big enough to commit my car and him hanging off the back with my young fella in the back. We lowered him back down and turned him around. We turned all of them around and started heading them out the other way.

We got them back over the river and had a go at dragging one but had to make a call. I was the best set up car. i had 2 other mates in lesser cars with me and my family in the car. By now we had had no less than 30mm of rain while on the track. it was Belting down and i was concerned about getting Any cars out. we made the call to abandon the 3 cars of the group and take the people out in the 3 cars in my group. I tied the other 2 cars to my car in a congo line and everyone bailed in. we dragged out of the bottom of Curtis in the Pouring Rain and headed to Gellibrand. Curtis got 120mm of rain that day....... It took 5 days to recover the cars. We headed back the following day and walked in to make sure the cars had not been washed away! I will never forget that day. Rain changes everything in the Otway Dirt/Mud. If its Wet forget it, it will end in tears.
    Hey, mate your shared vids are wonderful. I literally just got back from the east coast tassie so enjoyed your shared video. Can not wait to go back and tackle the west coast with the 4x4 Impressed with your camera work. Keep sharing such kind of great stuff with us. & Thanks for this great innovative sharing.
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 19th October 2020 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Removed embedded Link

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12