Thread: Greetings. NEED HELP

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greetings. NEED HELP

Hi all. My name is lucas. I own a 2003 zd30 DI patrol. I bought it less than a year ago and at the start it ran absolutely perfect. I took it on a trip up the centre of australia. I left melbourne and got as far as alice springs and scince then ive spent thousands of dollars to try and sort out an issue. The problem started very small, a little rough startup with a bit of white smoke so i had the glow plugs done and a service (air,fuel,oil filter) this didnt resolve it. Scince then ive had new injectors put in, ive had the injector pump rebuilt. Also what the mechanics at nissan have found is that someone had bypassed the crankangle sensor with an aftermarket wire going straight into the ecu. Has anyone ever heard of something like this being done?? When i start the car now it idles very rough and pours out an imense amount of white smoke, it also misfires, uses a ****load of fuel and has barely any go in her until the engine heats up? Id appreciate any information at all. Thank you

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would of thought white smoke was worn rings. My old girl only had 3 working glow plugs and ran rough for a few seconds in winter but no smoke. It always started first pop.
    Have u checked all your vac pipes from under the intercooler etc. they have a habit of perishing

Proud BTrol Owner
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah lad compression test was done that came back fine. I havent checked the hoses myself but the intercooler was replaced a couple of months ago too but the mechanics didnt say anything about perished hoses. I was told mechanically the car is fine. The wire bypassing the crank angle sensor sounds dodgy to me though. Glow plugs are brand new all 4 of them. Injectors are new, injector pump is new. The sensor was replaced with a brand new one too. Do you know if u can post a video on this?

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coolant temperature sensor?
    ECU thinks it is up to temp when it isn't.