Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greetings. NEED HELP

SEARCH IN THE CURRENT

AND SHOW ME

IndexGeneral Patrol ForumsNewbies Check in Forum, New Members Introduce Yourself Here

03 zd30 DI

NewbieJoin:*about 2 hours agoPosts:*2

about 1 hour ago*· #1

Greetings. NEED HELP

Hi all. My name is lucas. I own a 2003 zd30 DI patrol. I bought it less than a year ago and at the start it ran absolutely perfect. I took it on a trip up the centre of australia. I left melbourne and got as far as alice springs and scince then ive spent thousands of dollars to try and sort out an issue. The problem started very small, a little rough startup with a bit of white smoke so i had the glow plugs done and a service (air,fuel,oil filter) this didnt resolve it. Scince then ive had new injectors put in, ive had the injector pump rebuilt. Also what the mechanics at nissan have found is that someone had bypassed the crankangle sensor with an aftermarket wire going straight into the ecu. Has anyone ever heard of something like this being done?? When i start the car now it idles very rough and pours out an imense amount of white smoke, it also misfires, uses a ****load of fuel and has barely any go in her until the engine heats up? Id appreciate any information at all. Thank you

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 994 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum mate.
    In the words of a Dhuck "QUACK".

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    G'day lucas and welcome to the forum. from what you are saying I would have looked at glows atc as you have done. Does it run OK when hot? If so maybe the glow plug wiring or timer is not doing the correct think. Not sure about the bypassed sensor, sounds a bit like a cop out by the nissan mechanic to me. Can't see what it would have to do with the fault anyway. Are you back in Melbourne? The Vic guys on here may be able to help or recomend a good patrol mechanic to have a look.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No mate im living in tasmania now. It runs alright when its hot. Now i had the the car at patrolapart in lylidale in melbourne they did my injectors and they told me the same thing that the sensor has been bypassed. The next thing they would have done is replace the wiring loom. But at the time they had the car for over 2 weeks and said they couldnt spend anymore time on it. From what ive read though the cas is pretty important which nissan also replaced but it didnt change the fault. He also told me that because of the bypass it could have tripped something in the ecu...im honestly lost with this car man and ive spent way too much money with no results

Thanks
    Thanked 20,771 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum mate, if you don't get much response here try starting a new thread with your questions in a different section as a lot of folk don't read the intros.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for letting me know lad will do 👍