Thread: Airbox upgrade

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Airbox upgrade

Hey guys
    Looking at upgrading my airbox because the factory precleaner is just too restrictive. I've found 2 good off the shelf upgrade options and wondered if you could give some advice as to these:
    https://patrolapart.com.au/product/n...box-suit-gq-gu
    https://demonproparts.com.au/collect...n-patrol-gq-gu

Also, where do I find 3.5 inch alloy or stainless piping, or do I go 4 inch? The inlet to turbo is 3". The outlet on both these airboxes is 3.5.

Cheers
    Td42 coily

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A whole bunch of people on here have done them slightly differently. Have a bit of a search through and you should find some good info.

I would, and am going to avoid using anything with the standard filter element. If you're going to spend the time and money look at upgrading to an ls1 filter or larger pod style filters. If you stick with standard you'll only get limited benefits.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    None of those airbox's are an upgrade for a 42. Especially a 'built' one as described in the Demon Pro Parts link.

This kind of crap is really starting to burn my piss big time. High dollar junk items. There is more than enough free info out there as to why these are crap .The aftermarket is littered with copycat mediocrity and a lack of engineered, high quality products.

That Piece of crap DPP airbox, with its ability to flow 290 cfm or, literally half of the amount of air an N/A TD42 can consume (let alone a 'Built' one) is more than enough proof that it a waste of money.
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 565 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Recently fitted 4" thru airbox, made by self employed boiler maker, contact thru ZD Warrior FB (Ben Lipscombe). Makes them for TD42 (330mm long) and 300 long for CRD. I have a CRD and got him to make one same as TD42 (330mm), takes 9" K&N pod filter. Good 50-60mm clearance to base of pod filter. Does inlet / outlet size to suit (Recommend 4" thru)

Cost was $365(includes postage) w/o filter, Have 4" snorkel, Procharge stage 3 h/f turbo, Jonny Tig cooler - 136 rwkw/512 N-m. Well made and draws well (similar build to Fatz airbox).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bidja; 11th March 2019 at 01:14 AM.
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job