Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tyre size question

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Add to above that only the Bridgestone dealers have the Japanese tyres. Other 3rd party outlets have same tyres but can be made in various other countries which IMHO are not as good.
    I currently have 697's and very happy although the gravel roads do reduce life by 10 to 15%.
    At the end of the day, all you have is yourself and all you need is your friends (and in our case our Patrol)
    2006 GUI1 4.2TDi Coil Cab "almost" standard

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wizard52 For This Useful Post:

Mc4by (2nd April 2019)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,338 Times in 764 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few years ago when I had the Navara I ran 285s on that. Then went down to 265s and it was much nicer to drive, acceleration, braking even steering, all better. I've had the Patrol for almost 3 years and don't think I'll ever go bigger than 265s.

You can get new or 2nd hand 265s anywhere coz they're so popular, not so much 285s.

Me personally, I find 285s too heavy to lift these days, not so much 265s, so there's that sort of thing to think about as well.

I've been running Nitto Trail Grapplers for the past whatever and they are bloody tough, also bloody heavy, but also cheaper than Coopers and BFGs.

When I changed from 285 to 265 on the Nav I didn't notice any difference in fuel usage, but as I mentioned, the ute became much nicer to drive. The extra height you'll get from a 285 is really bugger all, it just means you get stuck on the next higher thing, that's all.
    Last edited by 10G; 2nd April 2019 at 03:58 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 10G For This Useful Post:

Mc4by (2nd April 2019)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I was going to buy tyres, the wagon had those 265/75/16 on the rims, I was looking at a set of 285 for the Patrol, only because my brother had a set. BFG had a spesh on their rubber and by the time I paid for the tyres, the sales man said they put 305/70/16 on, as they`re the same size tyre nearly to what I was after and the spare is in the rear of the vehicle, as it wouldn`t fit on the spare wheel carrier that was bolted to the door. I haven`t felt any difference in the change of tyre size at all, but I do know that my speedo shows the same as a radar monitor that they put on the side of the road from time to time. They`ll give you a bit more clearance too, but if it`s of some benefits in a good way, it must be okay.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ghosts For This Useful Post:

Mc4by (2nd April 2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12