OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RB30 deleted LPG. No fuel in carby window.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What would the yellow to yellow wire be?
    Would love to know what colour wires do what from the factory loom as well.

So I am certain the pump has failed which would make sense. I drove the car 1 hour when bringing it home. Stopped for half an hour to load up the spare engine. Drove about 50 Meters and the car stalled and wouldn't start on petrol again. Had to switch to LPG and get home on that instead.
    Didn't try petrol again.

My car is running an aftermarket fuel tank because my LPG tank was in the factory position. Do you reckon they would have just used the factory fuel pump in the aftermarket tank? I stuffed my back today so I can't drop the tank to check!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 3,168 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yellow/black should be the sender to gauge wire. Black is earth. Green/red should be the pump and black should be earth for it.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This should give you some idea of what is happening. This drawing is very similar to the RB30, but there are often differences just to confuse us.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers mudnut.
    I poured a little bit of fuel down the carby on my old man's advice and cranked the engine. Nothing happened.... I'm at a loss. I have spark, not sure why it didn't at least cough and splutter. Just wanted to see if it would at least do something. Maybe I installed the distributor wrong. I set the engine to TDC and the distributor was pointing at cylinder 1, at least I think it was the right way round. It was the metallic part pointing to cylinder 1. Is it the right way round?

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that. I will have a squiz at it. The old man is bringing my manual tomorrow, maybe that might have something useful in it.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You need piston Number One to be on the compression stroke. To do this get someone to place their thumb over the spark plug hole and feel for pressure as you rotate the motor by hand.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit of an update.....
    Had a horror past 3 months with my old man falling very ill and me having to be in Melbourne for most of the time. The GQ sat in the driveway at a stand still. Anyway. I had a local auto elec come a d have a squiz the other day, as I was sick of looking at it. I replaced rotor button and distributor cap. Still had no spark. Sparky unplugged and reconnected a few plugs here and there. Poked this and poked that. Still no spark. Then all of a sudden it fired up...... Still unsure of what it was, but it's running.
    The fuel pump also had a dicky connection down IN the tank, that was repaired and it's all good. The carby needs a rebuild BUT I am going to get the GQ a RWC and rego then convert it to EFI. I have all the parts sitting here ready to go.
    Glad to report my novice mechanical skills were spot on and head gasket, engine timing etc are all good.
    So I should have the GQ on the road in a week or so. Will post a more thorough update then.
    Cheers

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sfrrob For This Useful Post:

0-TJ-0 (26th May 2019), MB (27th May 2019), mudnut (26th May 2019)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123